Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London Meety meet 2006

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    i'm just gonna get a travel card :p £6.30 \o/

i somehow managed to get a free zones 1234 travelcard for the saturday, in with my order, i mean it was £10 each way, so £20 in total for the genr train, i got charged £20 off my bank account (i use online banking) and i went and got my tickets from a fast ticket machine in durham, and i got a one day travel card as well
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    i'm just gonna get a travel card :p £6.30 \o/

Well I already pay monthly for travel to Moorgate so will only have to pay £3 for tube travel :p
    I know but it nows means I proabaly cant go clubbing the night before (to the best night ever in brighton, and for the first time in three months), because I'll have to leave home about an hour earlier then I wanted too. :grump: I'll think about it for a couple of days, but I do really really want to come! I might just have to leave about 5ish to get home.

I'm also going to london the monday before (fob gig :yippe:, yes I know I'm obsessed) , so I'm planning a detour so that I know where the bar is.

I also saw a poster on the tube syaing that there weont be a service on any lines between Baker street and Liverpool street, which is gonna mess up anyone using Kings X, Kings X Thameslink or St.Pances. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/ for more information.
    I know but it nows means I proabaly cant go clubbing the night before (to the best night ever in brighton, and for the first time in three months), because I'll have to leave home about an hour earlier then I wanted too. :grump: I'll think about it for a couple of days, but I do really really want to come! I might just have to leave about 5ish to get home.

I'm also going to london the monday before (fob gig :yippe:, yes I know I'm obsessed) , so I'm planning a detour so that I know where the bar is.

I also saw a poster on the tube syaing that there weont be a service on any lines between Baker street and Liverpool street, which is gonna mess up anyone using Kings X, Kings X Thameslink or St.Pances. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/ for more information.

Where does it say that, couldn't see it? Ah that will bugger things for me
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:
    do they lose trains a lot then?

Wouldn't suprise me.

Braintree line is now less flat and even than usual, went to colchester on tueday. Bloody line.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Wouldn't suprise me.

Braintree line is now less flat and even than usual, went to colchester on tueday. Bloody line.

it like a butlins ride?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    do they still use the stephenson rocket to get there like?
    Almost as bad, they use wanky 4th hand electics, bags of shite.
    JsT wrote:

oh dear god, what was worse, the train ride of the shrieking franki? :thumb:
    The train was the worst though. Did get a decent train up and down from Leeds - London though.
    JsT wrote:
    The train was the worst though. Did get a decent train up and down from Leeds - London though.

ahh you usually do

Cant find info bout that tube closure on TFL site. Although Kings X - Baker St is still possible via Oxford Circus.
    It was a diesel too, head out of the window all the way from Wakefield into Leeds. Not recommended, but it was great.
    JsT wrote:

Those are the good ones... they rolled out some anchient ones in the old old colours not long back. :lol:
    Do you all wear your tshirts?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I will ;D
    I lack one. :(
    I may too :blush: If I go!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I lack one. :(
    Me too, me too :(
    Rich-E wrote:
    Me too, me too :(
    You've been here EASILY long enough, too :p
    Mwahaha
    Rachael wrote:
    Do you all wear your tshirts?

i did to the manchester one i went to last april

and i did briefly wear it to the london one i went to last july
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You've been here EASILY long enough, too :p
    Shhhhh :p
    ive still got 2
    MrG wrote:
    ive still got 2
    Come and distribute them to the needy. :p
    Its so cosy too. :thumb:
    Ive lost mine. I think it was designed for a girl anyway...
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Share them with your comrades!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

or not
    I know but it nows means I proabaly cant go clubbing the night before (to the best night ever in brighton, and for the first time in three months)

what night is it?

Saturdays are just always expensive and i've not heard of anything worth going to ;<
    Renzo wrote:
    Ive lost mine. I think it was designed for a girl anyway...

You like Izzard :heart: