Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Employment Agency Gripes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you could change anything about the way employment agencieswork what would you change?

I for one hate it when they earn more money then the actual person doing the work, which I've seen once.

Also the whole secrecy thing of how much commission they're getting, etc And even when there's a job going they so secretive about who the job is with.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with the money bit. When I was with one, the agency paid me $12 an hour while the company paid the agency $25.

I thought that was bad until my man told me the difference in payments for him, when he was out computer geeky stuff contracting. $70/h as apposed to the $200/h they paid the contracting company
    The hard sell.

Some of the permenant agencies I've had dealings with have been utter scum.
    my_name wrote:
    I agree with the money bit. When I was with one, the agency paid me $12 an hour while the company paid the agency $25.

I thought that was bad until my man told me the difference in payments for him, when he was out computer geeky stuff contracting. $70/h as apposed to the $200/h they paid the contracting company

woo, I've never heard of an agency taking that big a cut!!

Usually at that level I'd expect them to take about 1/3 and the contractor to get 2/3