Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows Messenger Live Beta

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a couple of invites left, send me a PM if you want one.

Comments

• Options
    wot is it
  • Options
    A test version of the latest msn. I wasn't too keen, but then i haven't been too keen on msn since about version 4.6
  • Options
    It's the latest version of Messenger - if anyone wants one then you need to PM me your msn address for me to send you one. I've had 2 people ask for invites and I currently have 3 left :)
  • Options
    Mwhaha Ive got one of the invites :wave:
  • Options
    I don't think i'm missing out on too much.

(infact i've used it and know i'm not)
  • Options
    M'eh - it's up to you :)

I have 2 invites left - if anyone wants one I need you to PM me with the address you use to sign in to msn with :)
  • Options
    I've got invites too, it's not all it's cracked up to be so far. I switched back to normal MSN because it just seemed too bloated.
  • Options
    Yes, the new msn is quite extravagant - with all those colours. Maybe its just the transition.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    I've got invites too, it's not all it's cracked up to be so far. I switched back to normal MSN because it just seemed too bloated.

I've just been reading another forum i use and a lot of the people their expressed pretty much the same opinion as yourself, its too bloated. I've seen screenshot, looks quite different but still quite good, i can understand the bloated thing but it wouldnt really bother me.

Has anyone else got any invites, i wouldnt mind giving it a try. I applied for the live stuff weeks ago, still havent heard anything from MS.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    I've just been reading another forum i use and a lot of the people their expressed pretty much the same opinion as yourself, its too bloated. I've seen screenshot, looks quite different but still quite good, i can understand the bloated thing but it wouldnt really bother me.

Has anyone else got any invites, i wouldnt mind giving it a try. I applied for the live stuff weeks ago, still havent heard anything from MS.
    Yeah I read a bit about it at Neowin and tried it, but it wasn't too my liking.

If you want an invite mate, drop me a PM with your email addy.
  • Options
    not too fussed, windows messenger is best ;p

since 5 its started going down hill, its looks a bit nicer but its a cunt of a resource hogger and has a load of useless features (ie winks and the like)

they should make a 'lite' version that looks sexy, has display pics and custom icons (although most animated display icons should be banned! some are very irritating) and gets rid of the rest of the shit .. as well as running a lot faster
  • Options
    aMSN is much better than MSN messenger, in my opinion. Much smaller than the official client, and it runs on all the proper operating systems as well... :)
  • Options
    Hm. I judged it by the screenshots i had seen of it and thought it was good. Now i'm using it i'd definetly say i like it but i can really understand now the whole bloated thing. If anything it all needs minimised.
  • Options
    msn was ok at 4.6

nice and simple, i like messenger versiomns that were still just a cht thing, and not all this extra balls
  • Options
    I wish the old versions still worked. I guess they could be hacked to do so...i might look into that one day.

Gilly Messenger is a good alternative i use.
  • Options
    I've got 8 invites too if anyone's still after one.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    msn was ok at 4.6

nice and simple, i like messenger versiomns that were still just a cht thing, and not all this extra balls

That's why you gotta use messpatch to clean it up and remove all the adverts and crap. Check how clean mine is:

untitled.PNG
  • Options
    For anyone who may be interested, i have worked out howto get the old version of msn to work again, though as said sometimes patching the newer version is better, version 7.5+ are hated by my pc, patch or not.
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    That's why you gotta use messpatch to clean it up and remove all the adverts and crap. Check how clean mine is:

untitled.PNG

i see someone has incorrectly tagged music on their computer, tell your friend off :P
  • Options
    noog wrote:

untitled.PNG

I downloaded that last night...

I cant seem to find the option for removing all the little advert type tabs down the left hand side of it?
    I saw an option to move them to the right... but thats no good!! :eek2:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I downloaded that last night...

I cant seem to find the option for removing all the little advert type tabs down the left hand side of it?
    I saw an option to move them to the right... but thats no good!! :eek2:
    Tools > Options > Security > Tick "This is a shared option so don't display my tabs"
  • Options
    why do you need an invite for msn live? Just download it from microsoft. I downloaded it and its a pile of crap, well there are improvements too, but found there were quite a few bugs with it. I'll wait till they fix the bugs then i'll go back to it.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Tools > Options > Security > Tick "This is a shared option so don't display my tabs"

Nice one mate :thumb:
  • Options
    why do you need an invite for msn live? Just download it from microsoft.
    Because it was first for beta testers, then they extended it out to invitations. Where from Microsoft can you download it if you don't have a beta ID or invitation?
    I downloaded it and its a pile of crap, well there are improvements too, but found there were quite a few bugs with it.
    I think you'll find that's why it's called a beta.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Because it was first for beta testers, then they extended it out to invitations. Where from Microsoft can you download it if you don't have a beta ID or invitation?

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MSN-Messenger-8-Download-29111.html
    Just go there, i went to another place to download it but can't find it now. Haven't tested the link so sorry if it dosen't work. Once you've downloaded it, you can download a crack for it, which allows you to login. If you want to know where you can get a crack from either google for it or PM me.