Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cosmetic surgery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, ive just registered because for a few years i have wanted to have cosmetic surgery done, but i have not gone ahead with it. I wanted to wait a few years to see if i definatley want it done.

I still want it done. Im on the verge of sorting out a loan and arranging a consultation.

I basically would like any feedback from anyone who has had any cosmetic surgery done or who knows anyone that has; was it successful? Were you/ that person happy with the results from surgery? Did anything go wrong?

The surgery i want is on my face and im concerned about hiding for a few weeks until its not noticeable. Im also embaressed because i dont want people to know that i have had it done but obviously this is going to be difficult when they see the changes!

Anyway, before i ramble on any further any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    I believe if you can't afford it to the point you need a loan, you shouldn't have it. Especially with the interest rates the way they are. Wait until you are fiancially stable enough.

Other than that, I think if you want it, go for it. If you think it will accomplish whatever you are trying to get out of it, then why not. I'm sure (I hope) you've already looked at the pros and cons, studied the risks and such and now the decision is yours.

(Just don't do your lips cuz I've never seen any that aren't absoutly hideous) ;)
  • Options
    hi!

a lot of people are against plastic surgery but i know how you must feel. when i was 16 i had a nose job...i know it seems extremely young but i genuinely felt bad about my nose and made a my decision with full education of what the surgery actually entailed.

i couldnt be happier. when you are truly unhappy with something about yourself it can start to rule your life. it sounds self-obsessed, and i suppose in a way it is, but when you feel so awful about something to do with your physical appearance it can really hold you back.

it was an amazing feeling for me to go into surgery one day with a bump on my nose and then wake up 2 hours later with that little bump, the bump i had been so self-conscious about for as long as i could remember, be gone. to no longer have to worry about it, to no longer have to feel like everyone was staring or laughing at me was simply incredible.

since then i've been so happy with my life and my appearance- which is something i never imagined acheiving.

my advice is to do it if you really and truly think its the right thing for you to do. check and make sure your doctor is a very good one, i k now from experience that is a very confusing process-all doctors are very confident with the service theyre providing and the technique theyre using, but that doesnt make the decision any easier when they all have such different ways of doing things...how do you know what technique or service is right for you?- but what id say is to go with the doctor that seems more conservative, rather than the one thats making big promises and guarantees.

also. i went to quite a few consultations with different doctors and they all seemed fine and like theyd be good- but once i found my doctor, i knew he was the right doctor for me. i trusted him completely and felt totally at ease, and thats very important. because theyre doctors, its easy to trust them and their judgement- but once you find the doctor for you, you'll notice the difference. itll just seem right.

good luck with whatever you decide to do! hope i was some help! :)