Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Renaming music files.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if the problem is iTunes (version 5) or the downloaded songs but some of the songs have the band name included. How can I modify the artist name section?

What I mean is that the actual name of the song has the artist name included when it should be in the artist section.

(song) U2 - one (artist name) Blank.

should be as following:

(song) one (artist name) U2

Forgive me for asking such a bagatelle, but I couldn't solve it.

Comments

• Options
    TigoTago is a good renaming program, I use it for all my music when I need to rename things. Think it has the ability to do what you what.
  • Options
    I use Musicmatch - the only problem is the stupid character limit thing...
  • Options
    I use MusicMatch to rip because it's the only one I have found that let's me.

1. Store the filename in format Artist - Title.mp3 and doesn't force creation of subdirectories.
    2. I can rip as .wav format then convert to mp3 and it keeps the tags.

MusicMatch fails when trying to rip Various Artists albums. You used to be able to but they changed it and now you can't have a different artist for ever track. Other than that it's better than it used to be - it used to not update the info when you'd submitted CD info and you had to eject and reinsert the disk.

For renaming the tags I prefer WinAmp.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I use Winamp to change my ID3 tags, as it has 2 types, one of which has no character limit.
  • Options
    and fall out boy songs have long titles...:p