Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ugh...orangnesssssss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who makes a good foundation for very pale skin. everything i find is really orange or really yellow..also.. i prefer powder foundation, like MF creme puff thingys.

Comments

• Options
    Covergirl. I'm pasty white and classic ivory does good. Cheap too, as covergirl is. And it leaves you with your natural color too. Like the cheaks and such. My mom uses this Clique or something and I went to put some blush on her, the kind that just gives a hint and it turned bright pink because the foundation had taken so much natural color out of her :(

Edit, I saw you like powder. Covergirl makes a good powder in classic ivory also :p (tis whats in my purse)
  • Options
    i dunno where to get it from in the UK :(

i have high colour in my cheeks sometimes and tend to blush so i prefer something that evens me out a lot, too.

damn my colouring. hehe.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Covergirl. I'm pasty white and classic ivory does good. Cheap too, as covergirl is. And it leaves you with your natural color too. Like the cheaks and such. My mom uses this Clique or something and I went to put some blush on her, the kind that just gives a hint and it turned bright pink because the foundation had taken so much natural color out of her :(

Edit, I saw you like powder. Covergirl makes a good powder in classic ivory also :p (tis whats in my purse)

Are you on the CG payroll? :chin:

I use a tinted moisturiser a lot of the time, since foundations generally are heavy and give you a not-so-attractive hue. Maybe get one of those 3-in-1 foundation, concealer and powder compacts...I had a great one by Max Factor a while back, it was a flat, navy compact and that's all I can remember. :(

Best thing might be to go to a make-up counter, like the Benefit one or something. They'll be able to give you a bit of advice (although naturally they'll try and sell you everything in their product range and the kitchen sink ;) )
  • Options
    boots natural collection do a fair powder, which is quite pale!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Best thing might be to go to a make-up counter, like the Benefit one or something. They'll be able to give you a bit of advice (although naturally they'll try and sell you everything in their product range and the kitchen sink ;) )

Tell me about it I just want the kitchen sink. :p
  • Options
    I use a very pale foundation from MAC. I recommend them a thousand times over.

Ilora x
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Benefit do a stick foundation called Play Stick that has a creme to powder finish, a lovely light coverage and comes in a pinky ivory shade, and its so easy to apply. I wouldn't use anything else at the moment.
  • Options
    I had the same problem and I now use Max Faxtor's Colour Adapt and it's perfect in the lightest shade.
  • Options
    Ruby n Millie do a fab one for us fairer maidens. It's ridiculously expensive though, £12 a pop and you have to do a small ritual of shaking the tube and holding the button down before you can begin.