Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anyone one else not want go come back??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
so just got back to uni, to my crap house and i could so easily just turn round an go home again!!! its not uni, its this shitty house!!!! arrrrggghhhh!! anyone else down in the dumps or is it just me!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well i guess the good thing is it's not uni your down about, its your house. is it the people you live with or just the house? youve got past xmas now so there's not really THAT much more to go. you'll be moving into a new house next year wont you? and if it really is getting you down, it is possible to move somewhere new sooner. maybe you just need to get used to it again after spending time at home.
    Yeah I was dreading coming back to uni. It's just so ... ugh I guess I hate not earning money, and I don't really like the people I live with either, which makes it harder.
    yes, im going back into uni accommodation next yr hopefully. i can move but i would need to get someone to take over my room. i cant afford to pay for both. i guess i just need to get back into uni life. we'll see. i dont feel safe in my house cos i got burgled a few months ago, i think its just that still playing on my mind!!
    Yes, I hate my house too. I'm back in Oxford already although I don't start again for 2/3 weeks, and its crap. And I'm stuck here until August :|
    I didn't want to come back, although now I'm here it's alright I guess. It's making the actual journey back that I hate the most...mainly because I'm lazy ;):p
    i'm the opposite, i hate going home.
    as much as i love my parents i love the independence and freedom of living with friends at uni.
    I love being at uni too, not the exams and the work but just being here where my friends are, not having to put up with nagging parents, whinging sister and most importantly my boyfriend is here with me term time, whereas during the holidays he goes home to Cornwall which is 7-8 hours away from me on the train.
    i love uni too... i like going home to see my mates and have nice meals cooked for me and have my mum fuss over me but after like, a week, im ready to go back!
    im wishing i was back home :P not because i dont like it here or anything - its just that id just got used to being at home and with friends etc and then i had to go back!!!

..plus one of my flatmates annoys me.. cant wait until next year when i dont have to be with him!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I love being back. I know some of my flatmates aren't too pleased to be back but thats cos I suppose they get used to being back home?
    i like bein back for the freedom. miss home tho.
    I miss being at uni, finally finished last summer.

it was good being home for a bit but lack of job and being with sister and mum is decidedly crap now. That and my best mates are still in the midlands whilst i am back down in london.
    briggi wrote:
    I didn't want to come back, although now I'm here it's alright I guess. It's making the actual journey back that I hate the most...mainly because I'm lazy ;):p

yeh well, thats a given ;)
    Going back to my house was the worst thing ever. I came back home after 4 days. One of my housemates had stayed there all christmas and he lives like a teg, and oh god, it had to be some sort of health hazard. I'm don't have OCD or anything, but i'm a bit pedantic about at least keeping the kitchen clean -> ie no rotting cabbage in the fridge or fungus growing in jars on the windowledge. Oh and definately no dogs, or for that matter no dogs left in my kitchen using the pyrex as a water bowl, and a saucepan as a food bowl.

I'm dreading going back. I bought loads of air freshners, plugged them in and hoped for the best.

The most annoying thing about being home is actually not being able to cook my own meals. I like to eat what i want when i want. Saying that i do love the freedom and living with friends is for the most part great. The few times i do get annoyed with someone, there's usually someone else to talk to, or i can just go round a friends for a bit. Failing that i take the silencers of the drum kit and off i go :)
    doesn't bother me really. though i was happy to come back and get into a routine again. i go home every weekend to work anyway so it's not like i miss my family.
    i have a double bed at uni and a single at home so i like coming back :D