Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got foundation on my friends white jacket and she wants it back! its only a small blob but its really orange and theres likea tide mark thingy as well on the edge! does anyone know any miracle cures! or if a dry cleaners can egt it out?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What material is the coat?
    lol, a white jacket and really orange foundation. sounds a bit essexy. :p

ask your mum, they generally know best.

i'd be tempted to just take it to a dry cleaners incase you make it worse.
    Dry cleaners.

They'll be able to get it out, anything you do to it is likely to make it worse (and depending on the material you could ruin the fabric and thus the jacket, a much worse predicament to be in).
    its just a cotton jacket but i took it to the dry cleaners and they said that they dont get stains out only clean things :eek2:
    Strange I'm sure my local one will remove stains from clothes.
    mum says if u can wash it by hand, maybe try using a fabric sheet for dry clean only clothes u can put in the tumble dryer, or put a small amount of washing up liquid on it+gentl rub it with a soft nail brush!
    But, pls dont blame me if it doesnt work!
    hand wash it in the sink with ordinary washing powder, and scrub the stains gently with a brush
    Yeah a handwash will do the trick, just be careful and don't scrub it as such. Personally I wouldn't put the entire jacket in the sink (i.e. I'd only dampen the area that's dirty)...I'd lie it flat with a towel laid underneath the part you're cleaning, get some handwash liquid (biological washing powder if you don't have any) and apply a little to the dampened area. Then sponge it off or yeah, you could use a (clean!) nail brush or similar.

Moral of the story is probably something to do with foundation and white clothes, they never mix well :p
    You could always just pretend its not there :p

[/unhelpful]
    shout will get rid of it. its a stain remover and it got foundation out of one of my tops i did have to eash it loads though. :)