Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tony Banks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a lot of time for this man and so it's sad to read the report that he appears to have suffered a massive stroke whilst on holiday.
He has always struck me as a man of principle who has been happy to respect even his political oppenents even though their view may have been diometricaly opposed to his.

During the last Tory Govt he said tha Major was so disliked that if he had become an undertaker people would have refuse to die.

I hope he recovers although the prognosis isn't good.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's always seemed to be a decent bloke, a personable character and a refreshingly honest MP.

I hope for his sake the end is swift and painless.
    RIP
    Indeed.

Sympathy to family.
    I only know him as the crap and obnoxious Sports Minister, so I didn't have a huge amount of time for him, but I know he wasn't always like that.

RIP, and all my sympathy to the family.
    was one of the few decent local MPs, as we're stuck with mr stephen 'frankenstein blair arse licker' timms for my constituency, and then Tony Banks RIP for west ham, and Mr Galloway to the west of that
    I wasn't a great fan of his politics - I thought his views were sometimes misguided but he never struck me as someone in politics for the power and prestige .. I think he was a genuinely decent guy.