Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

no period - can't wait!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have you heard about the new pill called 'anya'? you take it every day without a break and therefore no period. its out in the usa next year and then out in the e.u a bit later. yay :D

click

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've heard about this. I used to run my packs together anyway, so it makes little difference to me. Plus my periods are now very irregular and only take up half a day thanks to my coil :D

The only thing that concerns me is if a woman became pregnant on it - with no periods, she may not find out until she's well into the first or even second trimester.

Only bone to pick is, why are they naming pill brands after women? Yasmin/Anya etc :p
    apparently it doesnt and fertility returns to normal.

its slightly concerning that 6 out of 2000 women suffered side effects.. but im willing to take the chance because i don't smoke and i've never suffered side effects on the pill before.
    go_away wrote:
    Only bone to pick is, why are they naming pill brands after women? Yasmin/Anya etc :p
    yeh i noticed that..
    What about the injection? No periods on it. And you only have to remember about it once every 3 months :D
    Would you rather a pill called "John" or "Gary" ? :p
    lmao
    whilst im here.. ive had to take 3 pills tonight because i forgot to take them since sunday (very unlike me). will it make me ill? because i feel really sick but it might not be related

I would actually :D "Darling, did you remember to take George tonight?"

Lipsy, I'm not too sure about the side effects to be honest, it has been almost a year since I've been on the pill so any info regarding that has left my head. I'd give the FPA nurses a ring tomorrow morning.
    lipsy wrote:
    whilst im here.. ive had to take 3 pills tonight because i forgot to take them since sunday (very unlike me). will it make me ill? because i feel really sick but it might not be related

have you had sex inbetween... you could be pregnant

that's one hell of a side effect
    The jag doesn't give you a period, but 70% of women who go on it gain weight. Me included. Just beginning to lose it now since I came off of it June there.
    lipsy wrote:

I didn't think you were meant to take them all if you forgot that many. Did you read the leaflet?
    no i didnt read the leaflet. i still feel sick but i have been for a few days actually. just more so last night and i ended up goin to bed. im pretty sure im not pregnant though. thanks anyway :)
    lipsy wrote:
    no i didnt read the leaflet. i still feel sick but i have been for a few days actually. just more so last night and i ended up goin to bed. im pretty sure im not pregnant though. thanks anyway :)

You probably feel sick as you took too many tablets at once. Read it next time :/
    Yeah you aint meant to take them if you missed them, just take your next dose.

Also with the injection two of my mates put on weight on that. Like from a 10/12 to a 16+. No thanks.
    My mother's been on the injection for a few years now and hasn't put on any noticble weight -- she's still a size 10! She must have been one of the lucky ones.

(edited to say injection not pill!)
    I put on weight on the pill and my went up two bra sizes. I came off it about 4 months ago and the weight is going a little. Missed two periods tho :chin:
    Hold up before you do this!I'm not sure if this is true but ive heard that you might have no sex-drive what so ever but i dont no if im on about the right thing just check it out before u try it please!
    Can I whisper here *does anyone else feel a bit... I dunno, odd about taking synthetic hormones, keeping your body permenantly in one state?* I have tried Depo-Provera and had an horrendous time on it, I've also taken the emergency contraceptive pills three times so I'm not 'against' hormonal contraception at all . It just freaks me out a bit, and as much as my cycle can be a pain in the rear end (pun intended) with terrible PMS- it's part of what makes me feel me. Do those of you on hormones, without periods, still get the rest of your cycle just without the blood? Do you worry that their may be long term side-effects that haven't been discovered yet- yeah, I'm paranoid!
    \
    They could make the male contraceptive hormone in an implant, like the ones women can get- then you'd be able to feel it. And near the surface on a pale skinned man they could have a colour control, like some toothbrushes, that way you could tell if it was still effective...
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm on Cerazette, the progestogen only pill and it has completely stopped my periods :D
    Yea i did that once and It made me sick x