Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bright lipstick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First I dont' know what to call it. I'm not talking bright like blood red or dark like black, just the kind that is very visible. Not a tint, but like a very visible color. Now I know there are qiute a few people trying to pull off the dark/bright lipstick bit. Alot of people cant. I figured I could never. But I was just playing around with my make up today and I put on raisen shimmer (edit: oh my god I swear its not as purple as it looks) and I actually think it looks really good. And i've never worn anything than just slightly tinted glossy lipgloss. (Aslo, so you can tell me you imagine me to look like crap, I'm also very pale with, i guess a light aburn hair) So in your opinions, whats the general consenisous(whever spelling) on more colored lipsticks?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go for it. Whats the worst that could happen?

Its not THAT bright anywho.
    Looks fine to me. I love wearing strong lipsticks. Also remember that people tend to go either with lips or eyes as main focus of make up, but you'll need to be wearing at least someother makeup to balance.

My fave on that list was chocolate cherry. yum
    I'm not really into lipstick myself I just prefer a nice clear lip gloss. I say go for it tho :D
    i think you should be careful of what colour you go for though. i find browny/bluey/purpley tones quite hard looking. but pinky/redy tones are nice.
    I couldn't wear lipstick, I could never pull it off. But it sounds like it *could* look pretty good. Go for it :).
    dunno if they ship abroad but barry m do loads of bright colours

http://www.barrym.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=showproduct&asset_id=83&i_product=460&i_category=84
    Go for it! As others have said, it could be a lot brighter and I think strong lippy can look fab anyway...just experiment a bit with colours, application etc.
    sorry to hi-jack this post, but this is not the first time that I have notice that Barry M make up has been mention on this board. I have never seen it in shops even though according to the store locator there are stores in town near to where I live that does stock it. Its quite cheap price wise and I was wondering if any of you are regular uses of there products. As I normally use Rimmel or Boots 17 and they are quite limited in colours and i would like to try brighter colours.
    dont superdrug or boots sell Barry M? im sure one of them does...
    Kat_B wrote:
    dont superdrug or boots sell Barry M? im sure one of them does...
    Superdrug, according to the website.
    Yeah they sell it in superdrug, well all the ones round here anyway.
    The superdrugs in Maidstone seems to be the nearest place to me that sells Barry M, but I have never notice them there.
    the one in oxford street sells it but haven't seen it anywhere else apart from the website - i love it though, have a couple of shades of pink dazzle dust and the lip gloss - fantastic!
    So you would recomend using their products then.
    Heres with it on. Is it too gaudy? Accentuating my lack of an upper lip? Too much?
    my_name wrote:
    Heres with it on. Is it too gaudy? Accentuating my lack of an upper lip? Too much?

Smile :p

I don't think it looks to gaudy at all.
    That site looks great, but I'm a bit scared of attempting to buy makeup on the internet given the number of times I've seen a lipstick on a shelf, though it looked great, then tried it on and looked like Krusty the Clown.... anybody here regularly buy their makeup a la internet?
    That site looks great, but I'm a bit scared of attempting to buy makeup on the internet given the number of times I've seen a lipstick on a shelf, though it looked great, then tried it on and looked like Krusty the Clown.... anybody here regularly buy their makeup a la internet?

Nope buy mine from shops or avon.