Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I am now the proud owner...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of a V reg ('99) 1.0L 12v Vauxhall Corsa :D

And my insurance works out at £820 thanks to the nice people at liverpool victoria insurance :D

Comments

• Options
    is it the latest one?
  • Options
    Is that http://www.quadconversions.com/CARS_FOR_SALE/darrencar4copy.jpg ? I had to google it. Thats fucking ugly. I would cause an accident from laughing if I saw that. (Granted I don't have much room to speak when it comes to cars, but at least mine *looks* normal) I'd rather be seen in my old car :lol:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Is that http://www.quadconversions.com/CARS_FOR_SALE/darrencar4copy.jpg ? I had to google it. Thats fucking ugly. I would cause an accident from laughing if I saw that. (Granted I don't have much room to speak when it comes to cars, but at least mine *looks* normal) I'd rather be seen in my old car :lol:
    Vauxhall Corsa
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

Thats even worse. That looks like my car when Geo made it :p le metro hatchback
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Thats even worse.

What do you drive then?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    at least mine *looks* normal

here in little ol' england, you can barely move for corsas :p

sounds good, doofay. i miss my little old 1.0 car. it gave me the perfect excuse for being very slightly late everywhere ;)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    here in little ol' england, you can barely move for corsas :p

sounds good, doofay. i miss my little old 1.0 car. it gave me the perfect excuse for being very slightly late everywhere ;)

It looks so funny though :p With the exception of the SUV/M3 etc, 99% of the cars on the road look very similar to (I'll just stick up the mans car for reference) http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_descriptions.asp?ModelName=Accord+Sedan&Category=EX%20V-6%206MT I cant wait for my next trip to see what people actually drive now. Last time I was out of the country was like 5 years ago and from my memory, there wasn't much difference then, but there seems to be now.
  • Options
    Sounds good. Not too bad insurance wise, either.

What colour is it?

Not that you can tell I'm a girl :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    It looks so funny though :p

I don't think it does. It's just a small car. :confused: Quite well made motors too.

What do you drive?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can understand where my name is coming from, when i was over there the smallest car i ever saw driven were 2 litre focuses, and apparently they were laughed at. But over here i dont think a 1 litre corsa is too bad for a first car, especially at the price i got it at.

I've attached a pic of the actual one i've got, blurred the reg except for the last 3 letters which i love :p
  • Options
    Thats brill! I always point out cas like that when I'm out and about.
  • Options
    Cheers moonarcanum, and everyone else btw! Had to quit smoking yesterday to get it though, but at least it won't stink of smoke :p And i've told my mates not to smoke in it either. Eww. I'm in love with it, but can't drive it till tues/weds because they're MOTing it, and all that malarky ;(
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I can understand where my name is coming from, when i was over there the smallest car i ever saw driven were 2 litre focuses, and apparently they were laughed at. But over here i dont think a 1 litre corsa is too bad for a first car, especially at the price i got it at.

I've attached a pic of the actual one i've got, blurred the reg except for the last 3 letters which i love :p

I didn't mean to laugh at it in a mean way, just to tell you. Yes, it looks exactly like my first car, the geo metro hatchback, which is laughed at. Its just different, thats all. And different is not bad ;)
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    my_name wrote:
    This is what we call the Car á la chav.
  • Options
    i have a corsa but an older one. Same colour too. Mine is only R reg.
  • Options
    ffs is good! i have gum on the end of mine.

at work the other day a tannoy announcement was put out for a car owner to come to the customer service desk. their reg plate ended in AOK. so many people chuckled!
  • Options
    i saw a poo one the other day. hehehe.
  • Options
    There's one opposite the bus station in Braintree that says "OMG" at the end...

Heh.
  • Options
    oooh Led Zep
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

And my insurance works out at £820 thanks to the nice people at liverpool victoria insurance :D

How much did you pay for it? Grats by the way.
  • Options
    oooh Led Zep
    Yeh, Led Zep...
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

Thats the same as my car, same colour and reg but mines a 1.2
  • Options
    i learnt to drive in one of those..
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

All the cars where I live seem to have the last three letters CUM. It amused me for a while. Then I grew up.
  • Options
    Obviously my car (which you LOVE fuffy) owns over it,

But aye a Corsa isnt bad :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:

ive got exactly the car in silver. same age aswell. only difference is my panosonic head unit and 6x9s :yes:
  • Options
    Obviously my car (which you LOVE fuffy) owns over it,

But aye a Corsa isnt bad :p
    What car have you got?
  • Options
  • Options
    Lucky you. I cannae wait to drive.
  • Options