Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unwanted Brussel Sprout

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone seen this on ebay?

I saw one last week which sold for £99.50 but this one is amazing-not the actual sprout but how much it's going for!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5651954281&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why didn't I think of that? I could do with some pennies.
    Loads of people are trying it - if you search all categories for brussel sprout you'll see how many there are but only this one is really successful.
    I hope he does give the dough to Cancer Research UK.
    Kermit wrote:
    I hope he does give the dough to Cancer Research UK.

Think he will as its been in loads of papers and on the radio all over the country so cancer research uk will be waiting for it!
    I think its quite a nice idea, the whole raising money for charity using a sprout, but the person who wins the sprout surely could have just given the money straight to the charity in the first place.
    They could, but that argument always annoys me hugely.

It's a joke, it raises money for charidee, what's the chuffing problem?
    Blah wrote:
    ...the person who wins the sprout surely could have just given the money straight to the charity in the first place.

It is more of a talking point if you say that you paid over £1000 for a cooked brussel sprout!!

It's a joke and encourages people to donate more to charity, advertises the charity and if it raises money for charity then good on them.
    It is more of a talking point if you say that you paid over £1000 for a cooked brussel sprout!!

It's a joke and encourages people to donate more to charity, advertises the charity and if it raises money for charity then good on them.

Totally agree :yes:
    Ah, I love the human race sometimes

I do agree its a nice idea, but you decided to remove half of my quote :p

Was just saying!
    think that's good? the milliondollarhomepage is autioning off 1,000 pixels, current bid is $152,300.00 !

he's a very lucky guy for coming up with the idea :yes:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Replicant wrote:
    think that's good? the milliondollarhomepage is autioning off 1,000 pixels, current bid is $152,300.00 !

he's a very lucky guy for coming up with the idea :yes:
    wow! why didnt i think of that! its amazing whats on there too, even the chippendales... :flirt:
    So the sprout sold for £1,550 which is great - £1,550 to Cancer Research Uk but now he's even selling these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5459272639&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX
    So the sprout sold for £1,550 which is great - £1,550 to Cancer Research Uk but now he's even selling these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5459272639&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX
    Did you see all the other people now trying to sell sprouts on there?!