Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

2006 television scheduale

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    manickev wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get the trailer?

It was on the fox website, but I think they might have moved it on the site, have a good look around. Apparently there is a prequel mini-film on the season 4 dvd, I think I read somewhere

Officially starts over here on sky one next month.

Here is an article about the new series of 24, there are some spoilers about the plot set-up so don't read it if you want to go into it completely fresh.

There is even talk in the franchise of doing a set of movies of the show, yay!
    subject13 wrote:
    Just read that in the New 24 season Jack is on the run from the law as a fugitive and at least 4 hours of the show will have him asleep!

New Battlestar Galactica looks awesome with military attempted take over, President forming a resistence, the arrival of a new battlestar with an admiral on board that causes friction with the President and Commander Adama and cylon babies.

New Smallville has Aquaman in it and lots of double-crossing!

The internet rocks for research!
    24 was good the first two times round but after that its the same story development each time with different plot.
    BSG season 2 looks great. and its commander Cain that appears not admiral (fan of the orginals but like the new ones better, starbuck never looked so good, plus throw in number 6)
    It is Admiral Cain. He was a Commander in the original 70's version, but this time its a Female admiral according to the Network that makes the show.
    Kate1 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to Desperate Housewives and 'Child of our Tiime' on the BBC.

Seconded!
    Also I'm looking forward to ... pretty much anything because I've brought my TV to uni this term! What fun.

ETA - Desperate Housewives starts on weds 18th Jan, but I don't know what time, probably 10pm like the first series.
    Seconded!
    Also I'm looking forward to ... pretty much anything because I've brought my TV to uni this term! What fun.

ETA - Desperate Housewives starts on weds 18th Jan, but I don't know what time, probably 10pm like the first series.
    I expect so with Desperate Housewives. Lost finishes this week, and thats normally at 10 so it will be in the time slot that it leaves open I expect.
    subject13 wrote:
    It is Admiral Cain. He was a Commander in the original 70's version, but this time its a Female admiral according to the Network that makes the show.
    Either way i cant wait for it to start on Tuesday. I've tried to stay away from spoilers about the new season. a friend who reads them all told me it was Cain.
    subject13 wrote:
    So, in 2006 on sky one we can look forward to brand new battlestar galactica and yet more new simpsons. E4 will have brand new episodes of the OC! BBC2 will be bringing the 3rd and potentially final season of Arrested Development. Bones starring David "Angel" Boreanez will be whinging its way to our screens too! Then there is all the new series and seasons that will come at the end of the year or in the summer like BBC1 Doctor Who.

Plus movies like Kingdom of Heaven and Batman Begins, etc will soon be on Sky movies!

It is all looking good, or is it?

Most of the new stuff on TV is junk these days .. the best programmes are repeats of things made 10 or 20 years ago.

Reality TV rules because it's so cheap to make ... stick a bunch of people in a room for 8 weeks and pay the winner £70,000, make one episode of friends and pay the 6 main characters $6 milllion for one week's work or $48 million for the same 8 weeks.
    well series 2 of lost resumes in america on wednesday, they are up to episode 9 i think
    New battalstar and sg-1 was on Friday. I"m such a geek :p Good, yes.
    New desperate housewives on Sunday. (Not new season, just new episodes finally) Havn't watched it yet.
    New Sheild on tonight :hyper:
    my_name wrote:
    I"m such a geek

You said it. :p

"Lost" is such absolute jank I find it impossible to understand why people get excited over it - the writing is absolutely terrible, and why hasn't the fat guy started losing weight yet!? Buut, each to their own I guess.

There's very little I actually gete excited about on the telly. But, I'm hoping the new series of Deadwood makes it to Sky One before the end of this year. Same goes for series 6 of The Sopranos. :heart: I'm pretty happy that Shameless is back, too.

Oh yeah, as for Kingdom of Heaven, I have to assume you haven't seen it, because no one who has could possibly be eagerly anticipating it (could they?). I thought it was painfully bad. :(
    briggi wrote:
    Yo Same goes for series 6 of The Sopranos. :heart:

Oh yes, I cannot wait till that comes out on DVD cuz I dont' have HBO... I think...

I think the one guy on SG-1 is sexy, how geeky i truley am. oh and oh so proud of it ;)
    my_name wrote:
    I think the one guy on SG-1 is sexy, how geeky i truley am.

You mean this guy, right?

He's hot, you have my blessing.
    briggi wrote:
    You mean this guy, right?

He's hot, you have my blessing.

Oh yum. How could I not have been thinking of him! But sadly I was not and I am sad. I was actually thinking of him
    ...and who the hell could blame you? :flirt: :love:

imagine that threesome....
    Kingdom of heaven, i do have on dvd and it was good. A little too much "lets all be honourable" or "lets kill them all and rape them" though. But in terms of who did what what and where, its close to been historical. I looked up that particular crusade!