Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats more important to you - Sex or Love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So after years of hearing stories from friends and knowing people that have been in so called loving relationships, they still cheat. I have read and just recently read on a webiste a plce for confession and this site and there are more like it that have countles snumbers of confessions form women and men about their little sex secrets.

What amazes me is ho wmany people cheat. They have a bf or gf, a wife or husband, even newlyweds and they cheat. There ar eno holds barred. They will go with their partners friends, fatehrs, mother, Anyone.

Why? The sex. The sex was too good to tunr down, the woman was too hot, the guy was too hung, they tsarted feeling them up and it just carried on. They got horny and just did it.

Now it seem speople here on this site like their sex, who doesn't right? But at what cost? I mean what is more important? Sex or love?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    what is more important? Sex or love?

Love.

We're not the people you're describing.
    Love of course, in it's many incarnations.
    \
    It has to be love for me too, though sex with my boyfriend is great, I'm quiet happy to just cuddle up after a long day in his arms. But I will admit that I am human and I do sometime think wow his cute/sexy when a random guy passes me in the street etc.. but I have never acted on these thoughts. As looks can be misleading, may be its just me but men like that (who have the looks, the clothes and the "money") are normally really shallow.
    You are talking about two different things there. It is possible to divorce the physical act from the emotional attactment you know.

It isn't necessarily an either/or situation.
    Love for me.
    well i think i would rarther be with someone who i love it so more important, i would rather have have at least one person who i am in love with than just sex all my life
    you don't have to choose. i choose sex with the person i love.
    :yes: Yep. I'd rather have sex with someone I'm in love with than cheat on someone I don't truly love with someone equally meaningless.

For me personally, sex is useless without an emotional attachment. So, Love.

Ilora x
    Ok yes sex is great (more than great), but without the feeling of love, its just sex no matter how good or bad it is. like most people (male and female) i'd like to have sex at least once a day if i can. But i'd chose Love over sex any day. theres something about being able to hold the person without saying or doing anything and knowing that their thinking the same thing as you. Plus the sex is better hehe.
    can you imagne being in love with someone you couldnt have sex with though?
    it depends - i don't think you can really compare the 2 in some respects. not sure if that makes sense!
    er you've got a good point. but then there is different types of love.
    I'd say love, but sex is amazing although I would only sleep with someone I love. If for some reason me and my boyfriend could no longer have sex I would rather stay with him and do without than find someone that I could have sex with.

My mum and dad got divorced because my mum had an affair and now she is supposed to be happily married to my stepdad (not the guy she was having an affair with) but I know that she's having another affair and it hurts me so much. My Uncle also got divorced because he caught his wife (was my aunty) in bed with their next door neighbour. I have seen how much affairs hurt people and how I have been (am being) affected by them and so I could never do it. People may have their reasons for having affairs but then people who murder have their reasons and it doesn't make it any better. Maybe there are people reading this who have had or are having an affair and can justify it but I can't see any good in it.
    I'd say love, but sex is amazing although I would only sleep with someone I love. If for some reason me and my boyfriend could no longer have sex I would rather stay with him and do without than find someone that I could have sex with.

My mum and dad got divorced because my mum had an affair and now she is supposed to be happily married to my stepdad (not the guy she was having an affair with) but I know that she's having another affair and it hurts me so much. My Uncle also got divorced because he caught his wife (was my aunty) in bed with their next door neighbour. I have seen how much affairs hurt people and how I have been (am being) affected by them and so I could never do it. People may have their reasons for having affairs but then people who murder have their reasons and it doesn't make it any better. Maybe there are people reading this who have had or are having an affair and can justify it but I can't see any good in it.

omg your user name! My name is Sarah and I get called a little midget, lol :)
    omg your user name! My name is Sarah and I get called a little midget, lol :)

Lol! :hyper:

Why hello! :wave:
    Lol! :hyper:

Why hello! :wave:

Hey :D
    Love is more important but people often seem to view that as something they will find in the future so settle for loads of sex till they realise it doesn't happen like that
    i think this question is a bit like asking 'what is more important.. water or air?'

i need BOTH :p
    Short term-sex

Long term-love.

I shan't sleep with my mother :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    I shan't sleep with my mother :p
    She said "being in love", not "loving". There's a difference.
    Zalbor wrote:
    She said "being in love", not "loving". There's a difference.

I'm in love with my mom. I don't think you can decipher the difference just by adding "in"

But the previous comment was only in a joking manner
    Walkindude wrote:
    So after years of hearing stories from friends and knowing people that have been in so called loving relationships, they still cheat.
    Love is important, but so is sex.. As I'm in an open relationship it is difficult to cheat.
    Unfortunately, yes.
    Love, luv, being in love, loving....

Fucking, sex with someone you love, sex with some you luv, loving the person your fucking.....

Theres so many different aspects, situations and emotions in this that your just being too simplistic if you say either/or to be honest.
    Freedom.
    i would take love over sex any day. i went without both for 18 years and even though i enjoy sex, i would be okay without it as long as i had love.

sidenote: i could never cheat, i couldn't face the person i cheated on ever again if i did and i wouldn't doubt that i would kill myself. because if i did cheat i would feel as though i had thrown away everything i had worked for. and besides, i saved my girlfriend from a bad homelife. she used to cut and was depressed but i made her happy. and that would be the most terrible thing to do to her and would justify my suicide if i did cheat.
    What a daft question. MoK's reply is the most accurate. People often cheat, and for many different reasons, but it is rarely if ever because they don't love their partner or want to hurt them.
    Hmmm I'm gonna say food.
    Kermit wrote:
    What a daft question. MoK's reply is the most accurate. People often cheat, and for many different reasons, but it is rarely if ever because they don't love their partner or want to hurt them.

Surely if you really love someone, then you wouldn't cheat as there would be no need to? And if you don't want to hurt someone then cheating is one of the worst ways to hurt them?

I think that comes across as what I'm trying to say.