Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do i just leave it..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok well... I've 'met' this guy through the internet and bassically we've been talking a couple of months. At first it was just online but about a month ago we swapped numbers and have talked on the phone and online pretty much every day. We live close enough to arrange to meet if we want to and have talked about doing so. Whether he is who he says he is, is not an issue. However, recently, certain aspects of our relationship have started to worry me.

I feel like he's become too 'attached..' since we've only met online.. He constantly tells me how much he's missed me, has been thinking about be etc..

He also asks me the same kind of things all the time.. whether i've missed him, whether i'm glad he's back.. etc.. It just makes me uncomfortable as i don't really know how to respond.. i've tried tell him this but he still asks.

He's told me he really likes me, fancies me etc.. And i've tried to make clear once on msn and once on the phone that i see him as a friend but he doesn't seem to have got this either.

So today on msn.. he seemed to keep reffering to Us as a couple..

I s'pose this freaked me out slightly.. i didn't say anything for about 5 minutes and then went offline.. I came back on but 'Appeared offline' and blocked him.

Since this he has called me about 15 times. text me once just to ask where i went. and has emailed me twice.

First email...

hiya,
how come you have blocked me _____ ? what have i done? please explain, im confuddled.
love,
_______
mssge back

Second email...

PLEASE CAN I JUST HAVE AN EXPLANATION!

What i'm wondering is what i should do now.. Do i just leave him blocked and possibly email him with somekind of explanation.. or should i carry on talking to him but tell him how i feel..? If i did tell him how i feel and talked to him again i don't think he'd change...

Advice... please!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a similar experience a while back with someone. And in the end I blocked him and haven't spoken to him for ages now. He seemed to finally get the message after I kept telling him not to talk to me...
    I really do enjoy talking to him though and probably would meet him in the future - but those two things really bother me!
    Tell him what you feel, what you told us. Tell him he's freaking you out.
    my_name wrote:
    Tell him what you feel, what you told us. Tell him he's freaking you out.

:yes: And hopefully then he'll get the message sooner or later. He should also start getting bored after a while too.
    If he thinks he's in love with you you can either just keep him blocked or you can tell him to back off (harshly) and hope he gets the message. If he doesn't, cutting off contact is probably the best way.

I've had a similar thing happen, and it went a bit too far even if I knew all along I shouldn't have let it, and then it blew up in my face. I don't recommend it.
    Jaloux wrote:
    If he thinks he's in love with you

I don't think i'd put it that strongly .. :p

I've replied to his email..
    ____ - it's just that you take this way to seriously.. we haven't even met and you act like we have a relationship.. We've only been talking a couple of months! The you questions keep asking 'Have you missed me..' etc.. they make me uncomfortable and get on my nerves! I've tried to tell you this but you still ask...

It's not that i don't want to talk to you - I do. But those things annoy me and i think it unlikely that, that will change.

:(
    CYN wrote:
    I don't think i'd put it that strongly .. :p

I've replied to his email..

:(

That sounds very well. You made your point. I think you did good.
    He replied..
    ok i understand, but if i take notice of that and stop trying to wind you up would you please unblock me cos you are great to talk to. ive phoned you loads to, so sorry bout that m'dear. but i will stop if it really gets on your nerves that much. Please unblock me.

You think i should..?
    CYN wrote:
    He replied..

You think i should..?

The thing is even though he's said he'll stop, he may not actually stop it. If I was you then I'd see what happens when you unblock him. (Whether he says anything like 'I love you', etc)
    I doubt he'll say anything like that - but i wonder if he'll actually stop.. Even if he did i have a feeling he'd 'slip back into his old ways..' after a while..
    You can give it a try. If you still do like talking to him when he isn't a class 5 clinger ;) If you enjoy talking to him, then I say go for it. If he does keep bothering you you can remind him hes being like that, block him then, but its really up to you. Do you want to speak to him anymore?
    I would really miss talking to him, we get on so well, it was even better when he wasn't like that to start with.. :(
    You can always hope for the best that he won't start talking like that again. If he does start you can remind him. Let him know again that you find it annoying and uncomfortable. But you'll never know if you dont' talk to him, and it sounds like you want to.
    You've told him how it is, he's said he will change for you. May as well give him a chance as you both seem to enjoy chatting.