Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Week

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    her post count is so high because it was even higher than that before..

How do you all come through? When I post as much as I can, I get 10 posts per day. Now, I posted three posts per day when I joined, and that lowers my post count.

It's maybe because I have nothing in common with the threads on here.
    YOu get a high post count by not having anything better to do, and being willing to get involved in debates.

My average would be a lot higher, but I never used to post much until I got unemployed, and then got a slacker job.
    Post count means nothing, isn't that right turlough? ;)
    Kiss my feet O feeble one :p
    total post count is the number of posts you have made, when people are saying it used to be much higher, then they are likely referring to the "post rate" which can be found in a users profile, this is the number of posts made by that user, divided by the number of days the user has been registered on thesite.org for
    MrG wrote:
    total post count is the number of posts you have made, when people are saying it used to be much higher, then they are likely referring to the "post rate" which can be found in a users profile, this is the number of posts made by that user, divided by the number of days the user has been registered on thesite.org for
    :yes:

And people like stargalaxy and Fiend have such high ppd rates because they used to (still do in sg's case...) post large amounts of crap when they first joined.
    i think ive got quite a nice post rate, ive started posting a lot recently compared to the past 2/3 months, but thats because ive decided to start making the effort etc

and my post count averages 12.5 or something a day, but theres times ive not been on here for weeks on end
    MrG wrote:
    i think ive got quite a nice post rate, ive started posting a lot recently compared to the past 2/3 months, but thats because ive decided to start making the effort etc

and my post count averages 12.5 or something a day, but theres times ive not been on here for weeks on end
    Mine's 7.70, or it was last night. And that's 'cause there's times when I'm a dirty little post whore.

I doubt it'll get above 10, cause when I first joined I was almost non-existant for MONTHS...
    Franki wrote:
    And people like stargalaxy and Fiend have such high ppd rates because they used to (still do in sg's case...) post large amounts of crap when they first joined.
    I make no apologies for the number of posts that I've made on this forum. And if you wish to make this personal, I would argue far more of my posts are useful to others than yours.
    Does it really matter?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I make no apologies for the number of posts that I've made on this forum. And if you wish to make this personal, I would argue far more of my posts are useful to others than yours.

But Franki doesn't act like she's permanently got a finger up her arse. You're too formal, you need to chill out a bit and stop taking things 1000% too seriously :p
    ...You're too formal, you need to chill out a bit and stop taking things 1000% too seriously :p
    Are you expecting me to say sorry for trying to help other people out? Are you saying I should not take other people's cries for help seriously? This website is here partly for that purpose, and I make no apologies at all for taking that seriously.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Are you expecting me to say sorry for trying to help other people out? Are you saying I should not take other people's cries for help seriously? This website is here partly for that purpose, and I make no apologies at all for taking that seriously.

Dude, I didn't say any of those things. I'm not saying don't take the website seriously or don't try to help people, but you take other people too seriously when sometimes they're just taking the piss or trying to have a laugh.

And I didn't say anything about you apologising either.

My point is it's only a website, and you seem to get offended or defensive quite a lot.
    Franki wrote:

Was that really necessary to say?
    My point is it's only a website, and you seem to get offended or defensive quite a lot.
    Everybody can misinterpret from time to time. It is a website, true, but does that mean it is something to be laughed at, or mocked?
    quarfly wrote:
    Was that really necessary to say?
    Franki only made that statement as she seems to have a personal gripe with me. That's what I notice about those who make criticisms of me here - they are nearly always the same people who have issues with me being here at all.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Everybody can misinterpret from time to time. It is a website, true, but does that mean it is something to be laughed at, or mocked? Franki only made that statement as she seems to have a personal gripe with me. That's what I notice about those who make criticisms of me here - they are nearly always the same people who have issues with me being here at all.

Maybe they wouldnt have any issues if you kept bringing the fact they have 'issues' up. Learn to keep your gob shut.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Everybody can misinterpret from time to time. It is a website, true, but does that mean it is something to be laughed at, or mocked?

When did I say it should be laughed at or mocked? :eek2: You just take some comments to heart when you really shouldn't is all.
    Franki only made that statement as she seems to have a personal gripe with me. That's what I notice about those who make criticisms of me here - they are nearly always the same people who have issues with me being here at all.

But should you really care? Or rise to it? If people really *do* have issues with you being here they're only going to try and piss you off, and letting them do that means you're losing the battle.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    "And todays top story, Stargalaxy in unable-to-take-a-joke shocker!"
    JsT wrote:
    "And todays top story, Stargalaxy in unable-to-take-a-joke shocker!"

Also in the news:

The Pope Is A Catholic

Bears DO Shit in the woods.

:p
    Renzo wrote:
    Also in the news:

The Pope Is A Catholic

Bears DO Shit in the woods.

:p

And finally, </Sir Trev> Renzo is a long hair Welsh puff? :D:p
    JsT wrote:
    And finally, </Sir Trev> Renzo is a long hair Welsh puff? :D:p

Not long haired in a few hours i think ;(

(or a puff for that matter, slander, lies, omg)
    Glad to hear your getting your girly hair style removed.
    My opinion is just the same as it was in the custom title thread - there are bullies on here. No matter what you say, there are bullies here.

Franki came out of nowhere and insulted stargalaxy. I don't care what stargalaxy HAS done. It's so typical when I see people attacking other users. If they were alone, they wouldn't post. They don't lose anything when they join in.

Stargalaxy is a minority.

I am a minority.

Stop being so narrow-minded everyone. The only thing you people have to say is stfu. You're also safe because you have other users doing the same thing.

The ideal forum would hide the usernames, so asses like you people wouldn't attack other folks.

This has nothing to do with Stargalaxy's behaviour, it's you folks this is about.

Leave him alone. Stargalaxy won't shut up if you treat him like horseshit.
    quarfly wrote:
    My opinion is just the same as it was in the custom title thread - there are bullies on here. No matter what you say, there are bullies here.

Franki came out of nowhere and insulted stargalaxy. I don't care what stargalaxy HAS done. It's so typical when I see people attacking other users. If they were alone, they wouldn't post. They don't lose anything when they join in.

Stargalaxy is a minority.

I am a minority.

Stop being so narrow-minded everyone. The only thing you people have to say is stfu. You're also safe because you have other users doing the same thing.

The ideal forum would hide the usernames, so asses like you people wouldn't attack other folks.

This has nothing to do with Stargalaxy's behaviour, it's you folks this is about.

Leave him alone. Stargalaxy won't shut up if you treat him like horseshit.
    Erm, I dont think you'll find Franki insulted Stargalaxy, she quoted a fact.

Stop whinging.
    JsT wrote:
    Erm, I dont think you'll find Franki insulted Stargalaxy, she quoted a fact.

No, I find it being subjective thinking what someone posts is crap.

I think what you post is crap - does that make it a fact?
    The site isn't all about helping though. You can have the craic aswell as most do.
    quarfly wrote:
    No, I find it being subjective thinking what someone posts is crap.

I think what you post is crap - does that make it a fact?
    But you'll find about 98% of members would agree, probably SG himself would agree he posted shit when he first joined.
    JsT wrote:
    But you'll find about 98% of members would agree, probably SG himself would agree he posted shit when he first joined.

But this isn't the time when he joined, or?

Stop mocking him if he has stopped posting shit.
    JsT wrote:
    I've already admitted months ago that I made mistakes when I joined the site. My first three months here were extremely difficult.
    turlough wrote:
    The site isn't all about helping though. You can have the craic aswell as most do.