Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London Meety meet 2006

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You'd be on either Virgin on GNER. National Rail should sort it out for you. Dependant on the date you'd be best going on Virgin and GNER have a lot of engineering work between Edinburgh - Glasgow in the coming weeks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote:
    You'd be on either Virgin on GNER. National Rail should sort it out for you. Dependant on the date you'd be best going on Virgin and GNER have a lot of engineering work between Edinburgh - Glasgow in the coming weeks.

Nah, can't see squat. I'm thinking Ryan Air, it's only about £30.00 or so for return flights. :)
    Hold the phones I may come after all. A return ticket with a student railcard to nottingham would cost me about £50. For some reason a single each way well in advance with a student rail card would cost £7 each. This saves £36 which could provide the costs of train to London and drink and food.
    Renzo wrote:
    Hold the phones I may come after all. A return ticket with a student railcard to nottingham would cost me about £50. For some reason a single each way well in advance with a student rail card would cost £7 each. This saves £36 which could provide the costs of train to London and drink and food.
    I read recently that there are 36 different prices for tickets from Exeter to London, and vice versa. The figure is even higher from Glasgow, with 45 different prices, ranging from £13 to just over £300. Don't go for the first price that you see. :)
    Renzo wrote:
    I always recommend checking two singles first. Just remember you have to prebook and go on the exact train stated. And its quota controlled so book early.
    JsT wrote:
    I always recommend checking two singles first. Just remember you have to prebook and go on the exact train stated. And its quota controlled so book early.

Oddly on the national rail site singles are the same price as returns to London :| (£25 with student railcard)
    Not all Train Companies offer two cheap singles as a way of booking, some still only offer singles and returns. Singles are normally very similarly priced as returns, normally to entice you into continuing to use the train, or to rob you blind for only choosing to travel one way.
    JsT wrote:
    Not all Train Companies offer two cheap singles as a way of booking, some still only offer singles and returns. Singles are normally very similarly priced as returns, normally to entice you into continuing to use the train, or to rob you blind for only choosing to travel one way.

You have so much knowledge about train fairs. :flirt:
    Fares.

And yes I have lots of knowledge, about many things, including your mother. LOLOLOLOL
    JsT wrote:
    Fares.

And yes I have lots of knowledge, about many things, including your mother. LOLOLOLOL

How dare you correct my spelling, the cheek of it. :(
    Renzo wrote:
    If you'd spelt it correctly in the first place, I wouldn't have had to correct it.
    Renzo wrote:
    You have so much knowledge about train fairs. :flirt:
    Renzo wrote:
    And you made it to university despite making such spelling mistakes as that? The system has been dumbed down! :p
    Pondering whether I should stay over for the night so I can go out on ze ran dan!

:chin:
    All this hassle for trains! I give thanks to luxury coaches from Oxford. Cheaper too.

I might come, but I have a feeling there is a party the night before, and it will depend if my feeling is right or not.
    1983 wrote:
    Pondering whether I should stay over for the night so I can go out on ze ran dan!

:chin:
    Do it ;d.
    I'll need to find a wee hostelly do-da as well. I'll find out from Bri-namite next week whether he wants to come as I'm off out for a wee cheeky pint with him ;D
    1983 wrote:
    I'll need to find a wee hostelly do-da as well. I'll find out from Bri-namite next week whether he wants to come as I'm off out for a wee cheeky pint with him ;D
    Oooooh fabby ;d.
    1983 wrote:

you should bring kieran with you too!!
    jake0 wrote:
    So you can bum him?
    JsT wrote:
    So you can bum him?
    That I'd like to see ;o
    jake0 wrote:

No, he's too much of a geek i think. :(
    jake0 wrote:

Hahaha, no.

:razz:

I wouldn't be trendy enough to spend all that journey time coming down with him ;(
    Franki wrote:
    That I'd like to see ;o

dont say that he might actually do it and lket you watch :nervous:
    1983 wrote:
    Hahaha, no.

:razz:

I wouldn't be trendy enough to spend all that journey time coming down with him ;(
    Omg you so are ;o.

Gav - that was the idea ;d. You could join in too ;p.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm so glad I live in London, it's gonna cost me £6.30 to get there and back, and I don't have to worry about accomadation :p
    Franki wrote:
    Omg you so are ;o.

Gav - that was the idea ;d. You could join in too ;p.

You, Franki, are a pervert.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I'm so glad I live in London, it's gonna cost me £6.30 to get there and back, and I don't have to worry about accomadation :p
    You're glad you live in Enfield? :p
    Dr Pirate wrote:

Stay there and dont bother me in Exeter if its that great. ;(
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You're glad you live in Enfield? :p
    For once, yes!
    Stay there and dont bother me in Exeter if its that great. ;(

I will be coming to visit, dont worry Danny ;)
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    For once, yes!
    A mate of mine who used to live near me was thinking of going to live there. One visit to the area put her off. Lives near Camden Town instead now. :p
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I will be coming to visit, dont worry Danny ;)
    Someone so wants Malt! ;)