Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tories to scrap private health subsidy support

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
suprised noone else posted this

basically the tories want to scrap their idea of subsidising private insurance and support the NHS now it seems

or is it just words like nu labour :s

Comments

• Options
    or is it just words like nu labour :s
    the reason they want to is probably cos nu lab have achieved so much with the nhs ...much more than could have seemed possible through the years of tory neglect.
    nock tony and his cronies all you like but ...do a little research into how bad it was before nu lab came along and started to turn many things round.
  • Options
    the reason they want to is probably cos nu lab have achieved so much with the nhs ...much more than could have seemed possible through the years of tory neglect.
    nock tony and his cronies all you like but ...do a little research into how bad it was before nu lab came along and started to turn many things round.

yeh i know how terrible it was

but this money is mainly going to the PPP contracters :s especially in the odd example of tubeline maintenence
  • Options
    yeh i know how terrible it was

but this money is mainly going to the PPP contracters :s especially in the odd example of tubeline maintenence
    for sure there are indeed many downside and fuck ups.
  • Options
    The thing with PPP is that it is basically buying something on credit- buy now, pay later. That's why its more expensive, its the governmental equivalent of putting it on a Visa.

Why? Because people don't want to go back to the dark days of 70% tax, and quite rightly.

The policy was a mistake, and that's been corrected. I don't see what's wrong with that, credit to the Tories for having the balls to stand down. Not many politicians would.
  • Options
    suprised noone else posted this

It's too predictable for me to start all the NHS threads you know.
    basically the tories want to scrap their idea of subsidising private insurance and support the NHS now it seems

Well, Cameron does. Many of his colleague will disagree.

TBH I expected more from him, perhaps something radical - not necessarily welcome. I actually long for the day when a politicians stands up and suggests that they stop meddling and tinkering and just wants to let those of us in the service actually make the changes we need.
  • Options
    Cameron's probably looked at the numbers and realised he couldn't afford it.