Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boring in bed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so i've been told by my girlfriend that she finds what I do in bed a bit boring. :eek:

I've read through the "so what exactly turns you on?" thread, but wanted to get some advice so started a new one.

Any ideas on what I can try to spice things up a bit? Girls - what do you like being done to you? Guys - what do you do to your partner's that they like?

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this with or without you witholding oral?
    One thing i remember doing with one of my exes...with both wrote down our fantasties and gave them to each other, and then indulged/acted them out.......

Just a suggestion, but i remember those few nights were amzing!
    Is this with or without you witholding oral?

She now gets oral regularly. I try and mix it up a bit, she doesn't always get it, i'd ay 75% of the time she does though, but I try and change it all the time, use my fingers at the same time, not always before penetration, I stop penetration and give her oral (her request!), or sometimes after.

I must admit, I didn't think I was too bad until tonight, but then who does?!
    If you do the same thing all the time it will be boring. Oral always makes a girl find it more interesting, too.

Why don't you ask her what to do? If she's going to say you're boring in bed, then its up to her to tell you how to sort it out. If she doesn't know then she should keep her gob shut.
    Kirsten wrote:
    One thing i remember doing with one of my exes...with both wrote down our fantasties and gave them to each other, and then indulged/acted them out.......

Just a suggestion, but i remember those few nights were amzing!

Yeah, she has real problems with expressing herself in words, so maybe this would be a good idea.
    red_jelly wrote:
    Yeah, she has real problems with expressing herself in words, so maybe this would be a good idea.

could always play chirades or pictionary
    You could try new postions. There are many books that can help. You could introduce sex toys or use thinks like chocolate sauce to lip off each other. That is always good. Ann Summers have a new chocolate body drizzle that sounds good.
    Best bet is to ask her what she wants, by almeans ask us and we can give you different things to do/could possibly do but find out what turns her on.. only she knows that so ask her, if she wants different positions etc, if she is bad at expressing herself do as someone said above and ask her to right it down, also tell her if she finds it boring to initiate some of the things herself,

good luck
    hold her hands behind her back, flip her on her belly and take her roughly calling her a fucking little bitch and that shes gonna get it good.
    hold her hands behind her back, flip her on her belly and take her roughly calling her a fucking little bitch and that shes gonna get it good.

LMAO! I actually LMAO'd out loud. Nice to have y'back. :D
    Try new locations or different times of the day. One night our housemates were out so it was just me and my boyfriend and we found ourselves doing it on the landing, in the kitchen and the lounge. Made a good change and we didn't know when our housemates were going to be back so it was exciting because it was a bit risky too. Waking up to it is good too for a change, or middle of the day when there is a lecture to go to!

:lol: you crack me up cos ur just so blunt
    Kermit wrote:
    Why don't you ask her what to do? If she's going to say you're boring in bed, then its up to her to tell you how to sort it out. If she doesn't know then she should keep her gob shut.
    i agree. it's not fair for her to criticise and then not suggest ways for you to improve.
    Yea the best thing is to talk about it, or let her take charge of you for a while if shes complaining. After sex, my boyfriend and I always cuddle and talk about it, highs and lows etc

You could always just rile her up lots and make her wait for it so shes so depserate it will be good ;-)
    if she's prepared to say you're boring, she should be prepared to explain why. it takes 2 to tango!
    if she's prepared to say you're boring, she should be prepared to explain why. it takes 2 to tango!
    true, and to be honest, its a bit of a nasty tactless thing to say. if shes bored, it doesnt necessarily mean that YOU are boring. It just means shes lost interest a bit. Sex is more than just technical skills.
    If she is still into you and it just needs spicing up a bit, you need to work out what youd both REALLY like to do to each other, and I mean REALLY. She shouldnt be calling you boring, but maybe its a wake up call and you need to start putting some real feeling into it.
    That's more than likely to rile her into dumping him!
    You could always just rile her up lots and make her wait for it so shes so depserate it will be good ;-)
    If she is still into you and it just needs spicing up a bit

Hmmm, funny you should say that, as I have really been quite concerned that she isn't really into me at all lately, just little things she's been doing and saying, however, up until last night our sex life hadn't really been affected.

She wasn't quite as harsh as it probably sounds here, but I do remember her saying she "was bored with what I do" and not just have a bit of forelplay and then just penetration while she lies there (this is where she said she laid there and got a bit bored).

I did feel really gutted when she told me, but I've decided to take it as a positive thing and do something about it rather then let it get to me. I know she can be a bit insensitive at times, and i'm sure she didn't mean to hurt my feelings.

The only thing that worries me is that she is quite a "man does all the work" kind of girl, and it does feel like it's all up to me to keep things exciting. She told me to just try new things with her, not to talk about it first but just do it, but she would never be willing to do anyhting like that, she always says if I want something then I have to ask for it.

I feel like I should be some sort of mind reader!

I'm seeing her tomorrow afternoon and we have the house to ourselves, to be honest i'm really quite worried about it. Which is why I came here, to see if anyone had any suggestions for what I could try. My mind just seems to have gone blank!

As usual though, i'm probably worrying about this way to much, and the fact that I know she's a bit bored with what I do now will make me think and something will just come... I hope! :rolleyes:
    well to be honest her saying you're boring is the most unconstructive thing she could say. way to go to boost your self esteem! her telling you that is surely going to hinder your confidence in bed.
    Your girlfriend seems like such a nice person. :rolleyes:
    My answer is, if she finds what you're doing in bed "boring", is for her to tell you what wouldn't be. Though why you'd want to sleep with a woman who thinks you're dull in bed is beyond me. I suspect you're not the one with the problem.
    red_jelly wrote:
    and not just have a bit of forelplay and then just penetration while she lies there (this is where she said she laid there and got a bit bored)...The only thing that worries me is that she is quite a "man does all the work" kind of girl,
    well that says it all really.

first of all, what are you getting out of it? it sounds as though you're doing all the work whilst she just lies back and takes it.

does she ever go on top? does she give you foreplay? (oral, manual?)

shes the one that sounds boring tbh. and lazy :p
    I agree with lipsy, its sounds like she is the one who is boring, sex is all about give and take, sometimes my boyfriend takes control and other nights I do. It should not be down to you all the time. She sounds lazy, I'm sorry if it sound harsh but she does.
    lipsy wrote:
    well that says it all really.

first of all, what are you getting out of it? it sounds as though you're doing all the work whilst she just lies back and takes it.

does she ever go on top? does she give you foreplay? (oral, manual?)

shes the one that sounds boring tbh. and lazy :p

I generally have to ask for foreplay, oral is rare, and when I do get it i'll be lucky to get 2 minutes worth. She says her mouth aches after that, what can I say to that? Manual is slightly more frequent, but again i'll be lucky to get a few minutes before it stops.

Her on top is equally problematic, she doesn't like geing on top, I guess it doesn't feel as good for her (although I think it's GREAT! and she knows this). It's always me asking for this and when she does it won't last long because her arms/legs whatever start to ache.

What do I get out of this? - the actual penetration is good, and I do enjoy making her feel good and making her orgasm.
    red_jelly wrote:
    I generally have to ask for foreplay, oral is rare, and when I do get it i'll be lucky to get 2 minutes worth. She says her mouth aches after that, what can I say to that? Manual is slightly more frequent, but again i'll be lucky to get a few minutes before it stops.

Her on top is equally problematic, she doesn't like geing on top, I guess it doesn't feel as good for her (although I think it's GREAT! and she knows this). It's always me asking for this and when she does it won't last long because her arms/legs whatever start to ache.

What do I get out of this? - the actual penetration is good, and I do enjoy making her feel good and making her orgasm.

i think you ought to tell her all this...
    i think you ought to tell her all this...

you're right, i'm just so bad a confrontation though. :(
    she had the front to call YOU boring in bed when from what you've said, SHE'S the boring one!
    This will be horrible and blunt to say, but..

Your girlfriend is a lazy bint in bed. :|

She sounds as though she is a sack of potatoes in bed. :| I wouldn't have that if I were you, it's a two way thing. Emotional and physical pleasure and all that jazz.
    aye I fele sorry for you man. But she is really asking for trouble if she says do new things, she will do anything, just do it an dnot talk with ehr about it, coz you know what that can lead to don't you...........................................

A finger or man member being slammed straight up her arse!!

Now I would never suggest to a guy to do that to a girl. It requires talking and taking your time an da lot of lube usually but she is there criticizing you, not helping you, you say she just lays there all the time, you give her oral but she doesn't give any to you, I mean seriously that is just asking for some come back really. And when a girl says do anything, then a lot of guys will go for the anal option, even though thats not what the girl may have been thinking.

Anyway, good luck with it. Just try different things I guess, or maybe fi she wants summat different then say "ok, you give to me for a change" and you lay there and not respond to her unless she is working on you. Or you give in and please her coz thats what considerate guys do.
    Walkindude wrote:
    aye I fele sorry for you man. But she is really asking for trouble if she says do new things, she will do anything, just do it an dnot talk with ehr about it, coz you know what that can lead to don't you...........................................

A finger or man member being slammed straight up her arse!!

I'm definately steering clear of that. Personally i'd quite like to give it a go, but I know it would be game over if I tried that.
    She doesn't seem all that nice matey