Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cyprus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi,

Just a quick question, I'm going back to Cyprus this summer for a holiday, when I last went in 2004 they where preparing to join the EU.

My question is are they now using the Euro or are they still using the Cyprus pound. I believe they are still using the Cyprus £ but when I search on google all i keep finding is that they have now joined the EU and not when they will start using the Euro.

So does anyone know for sure, I'm going over in May 2006.

Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe I am replying to my own thread. But I have just found the information I'm looking for on EUROPA 'The gateway to Europe' and it says that it won't be until at least 2007. When i did not think to look there earlier, as I used the site a lot in my studies last year on EU law. Oh well silly me.
  • Options
    god i love that place. food is to die for, people are friendly, public transport is cheap and runs better than our. the country side is beautiful. i can understand why the goddess of love made it her home
  • Options
    Same here, its going to be my 5th time this summer. 1st time without my parents, its just going to be me and my boyfriend. :yippe:
  • Options
    what part you going to. i went to coral bay to a adults only (no children, not nudist) all inclusive hotel. was bliss. got a friend from school who lives there. and guy at work half his family live on the greek side.
  • Options
    I'm normally in Paphos I like the harbour there and I go up to coral bay a lot too, I also like to spend time in the montians. I have always stayed somewhere aimed more at adults then children, as I nearly 16 when I first went with my parents there.
  • Options
    yeah i loved the harbour, one of the resturants that you went upstairs and over looks the harbour while eating. Went up into the mountains a few time what a view. champagne diving on the boat tour was good fun too