Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Celebrity BB

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who watched it? What do you think?

Biggest bunch of non-celebs in the world. Although George Galloway amuses me :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did not watch it, I have no tv in my uni flat. To be honest I'm not bothered and I have never really watched any of them. I just flick through it on the telly when I'm at home.
    Whoever thought of putting Galloway in there is a fucking genius.
    Haha, since George Galloway was put in there, for the first time in six years, my Dad is gonna start watching BB. :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

That was my thoughts exactly. Fantastic stuff.

I want him to win now. Partly because this is going to be funny as hell, partly because the rest all seem to be wankers. Not that I have heard of most of them though ...
    I never really watch BB...

Caught this one tonight... I dont know who half them people are! Probably will be crap!

Although like you I did laugh when I saw Galloway going in!!
    I really do think they've got a great bunch in there.
    My jaw just dropped when I seen George. That was brilliant.

There's defintely going to be such a clash in that house which will be fun to watch and then seeing the non celeb girl pretending to be in a girl band. Fair play.

:thumb:
    The pretend celeb is the best, what genius. And she so easily could be a celeb, a rare bit of wit on the part of Endemol.

Galloway is a cunt, but an entertaining one.
    Just read this on the BBC website, how intriguing! Perhaps I'll be able to lower my somewhat elevated brow enough to watch this year's big brother...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    im sure this is at least the third reality tv show jodie marsh has been on!! but to be honest i doubt ill be watching it, i hardly recognise any of them. :rolleyes:
    well i didnt know half of them but i'm glad jodie marsh is there, she does intrigue me somewhat. i hope she wasnt allowed to take any fake tan in with her though.
    the baywatch girl will be very annoying.
    i couldnt tell whether barrymore is a snob or just nervous.

does anyone have any predictions on who will win?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    anyone got any views on barrymore being in there? ive heard a few people saying they disagree with it...

Yes, yes they were! :thumb:

I wasnt going to bother watching it this year but whilst channel hopping stuck it on and started getting into it.
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    anyone got any views on barrymore being in there? ive heard a few people saying they disagree with it...

I still like Michael Barrymore, it's a shame he isnt on our tv screens anymore, i liked him on Strike It Lucky, my mum loved him. I dont see why he shouldnt be in their, i dont care what happend with or surrounding him in the past, personally i still like him.

Faria Alam is hardly a celeb, she doesnt even scrape into the z list for god sake. Jodie Marsh intrigues me also, i used to hat eher but after watching her in a different reality show my opinion of her changed. I'm going to hope that either Michael George or that utter legend Dennis Rodman win it. As a lover of Basketball i just have to love Rodman being in CBB. Who's this Pete person though?
    Didn't see it, seen king kong though which was pretty good.

Might watch it some night next week in uni, i'm sure someone will have it on.
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

What's Barrymore done wrong, apart from being himself?

I veighly remember a scandal but the details elude me.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Some bloke was found dead in his swimming pool.
    Weekender Offender 
    What was that show he used to host, I fucking loved it.

That non-celeb could be a celeb for all the other housemates know, most of them are z-list anyway.

George Galloway in BB...WTF like!!!!!!!!!!
    \
    It was certainly a surprise to see George Galloway going in! I can't stand him but think it will make for interesting viewing.

I was also quite surprised to see Dennis Rodman - he must be loaded so why is he doing a reality programme?! I could even understand it more if it was in America. Just seems a bit odd.

The non celebrity idea is good. Will make it a bit more entertaining.

I alsways liked Michael Barrymore and feel a bit sorry for him. I can imagine him being irritating on this tho - reckon he'll just be trying to entertain too much. And what was with him taking like 5hrs to get into the house?!

My favourite is Preston tho. He's always on Soccer AM and seems really nice.
    Just to remind people that libel laws apply to what's posted here and we count as the publishers - not you. So enless you'd all like to see us shut down, please don't accuse people of murder...
    Jim V wrote:
    Just to remind people that libel laws apply to what's posted here and we count as the publishers - not you. So unless you'd like to see us shut down, please don't accuse people of murder...
    Thanks for clearing that up. The known facts are:

- Stuart Lubbock was found dead in the swimming pool of Barrymore's home in Essex back in 2001. Later, he was found to have sexual injuries, which would suggest he had been viciously raped, though this has never been proven legally beyond doubt. The exact circumstances remain unclear. Barrymore refused to answer questions about the party in question, saying he couldn't remember. It has also been reported that, on discovering the death, Barrymore fled the house when the emergency services were on their way. It's claimed he did it out of panic, though again we don't know for sure. No one suggested in court that he was personally responsible for what happened and neither has anyone been charged in relation to the death of Lubbock to this day.

The reason people question the appropriateness of putting him in the house is because of the unclear circumstances of that day.

There are countless links on the web about this, some of them are:
    News of re-investigation in 2003.
    What Barrymore said himself.
    Flaws in the medical evidence.
    At the end of the day, nobody was convicted, it is in the past. Let's move on to the show in hand. I don't want my CBB thread closed down.

Personally, Barrymore pissed me off going into the house and I think he will piss people off in the house too. He is annoying.

George Galloway to win IMO. Not that I have heard of many of the others ...
    Barrymore is genuis!!!!!!! I think he's great, soo funny. But its really gonna open him up, I mean going into a house with a bunch of people that has a pool????? It will be a field day for comdians.

Don't kno wmost of the rest. Jodie Mrash migh tmake some interesting visual appeal and tah woman that shagged the FA I have no idea why she is there, she isn't a celebrity.

George Galloway is indeed a twat, idoit, fool, traior, cunt, tosser but I do conceed it may be intersting to see what he does.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Walkindude wrote:
    Barrymore is genuis!!!!!!!

I think he's repulsive.
    Weekender Offender 
    Walkindude wrote:
    Barrymore is genuis!!!!!!! I think he's great, soo funny. But its really gonna open him up, I mean going into a house with a bunch of people that has a pool????? It will be a field day for comdians.

Don't kno wmost of the rest. Jodie Mrash migh tmake some interesting visual appeal and tah woman that shagged the FA I have no idea why she is there, she isn't a celebrity.

George Galloway is indeed a twat, idoit, fool, traior, cunt, tosser but I do conceed it may be intersting to see what he does.

Practically everything you said there is wrong.
    \
    Did anyone get sick and tired of Barrymore milking his entrance? He acted like he was God or something. Only decent person in there is Galloway, although I think Maggot (from Goldie Looking Chain) might be funny.

I had a Barrymore joke... but a) you've all probably heard it, and b) Laura doesn't want her thread closing.

Let's just say it involves Big Brother's swimming pool.

I had a Barrymore joke... but a) you've all probably heard it, and b) Laura doesn't want her thread closing.

I heard that joke from my boyfriend, I think he had it texted to him by a friend, yes it is best you don't post it here.
    I didn't watch (although I may well do tonight), and can't quite believe that George Galloway is a participant. If it was humanly possible for me to despise him anymore than I do, this would probably do the trick. Unfortunately I guess this will raise his popularity/profile, and more ego-inflation is the last thing that moron needs. Anyway...

This is obviously Jodie Marsh's "career" now, reality TV show "star". How depressing.

PS. SheHasNoTime, do share the comedy...that's what PMs are for ;) :thumb:
    Who watched it? What do you think?

Biggest bunch of non-celebs in the world. Although George Galloway amuses me :D

Omg i agree that was the most loads of dribble i have ever watch! you no normaly i love watching bigbro and this year they have gone so far down hill! hopefully when they bring the puplic in it will be better like last year :p
    Did anyone get sick and tired of Barrymore milking his entrance? He acted like he was God or something. Only decent person in there is Galloway, although I think Maggot (from Goldie Looking Chain) might be funny.

God yes. I just wanted him in the house.

I dislike Barrymore. A lot. And he probably shouldn't be in the house (remember how Vanessa Feltz got on when she wasn't mentally stable?!?)

PM it to me :p