Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dentists....how much do they charge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, unfortunately ive come down with a bloody tooth ache :( thing is, i aint been to my dentist (NHS) for over a year or so, ive been told they might have struck me off their register or something. well i just rang em and they gave me an appointment for a check up next week, but they didnt mention being struck off or anything, have i been lucky or am i gonna be landed with a massive bill?

Comments

• Options
    They probably have struck you off after this amount of time. It's worth checking before you go though because the charges will be different.

As for comparative costs, well they are private providers so set their own. Prices will differ so you may want to shop around.
  • Options
    Just plead ignorance, Koe (Happy new year by the way). I had the exact same thing happen to me last year, and went back to my dentist, who said I should have been in for a check up (which they hadn't sent me a reminder for). I said that I thought it was only six months or so since I'd last been in, and they just went along with it and booked me an appointment and put it down to a mistake/lost letter.

And don't miss your check ups in future!!!!!!! :thumb:
  • Options
    cheers people, i might give em a ring back and ask em what the crack is.

manickev, i didnt receive a reminder either so i guess i have a valid point (Happy NY btw)
  • Options
    As I understand it you have to visit your dentist once a year to remain an NHS patient (assuming you are one).

I went 8 years without visiting the dentist, and my next visit (I actually registered with a new NHS dentist) cost less than £20.

Assuming you are now a private patient any work might be expensive.