Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital in Critical Condition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What did they use to move him, the nasa space shuttle mover?

"Fat cunt has heart problem and stroke" is hardly surprising news, is it?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Agh, poor old bastard. I hate him, but I would never wish that upon him.

Can't he just retire now? The stress of being a cock-up might be doing it, or maybe having the deaths of thousands of innocents on his conscience? Oh well. Best of health to him. Perhaps he'll go on a diet now.
    Quite peculiar in a way. Him and Arafat were at each other for years and years, and it looks like Sharon is on his way out with him. I wonder if Yasser will buy him a pint on the other side and say 'no hard feelings'.
    ---
    Quite peculiar in a way. Him and Arafat were at each other for years and years, and it looks like Sharon is on his way out with him. I wonder if Yasser will buy him a pint on the other side and say 'no hard feelings'.

Yes, the Muslim will buy him a pint. :rolleyes: :p

Kilntok, they used one of these. maybe.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yes, the Muslim will buy him a pint. :rolleyes: :p

Of holy water, blessed by the arch angel gabriel himself, obviously :)
    Tis a bit worrying...........sounds like he probably won't survive...........

There seemed to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel in the Middle East, so its a bit worrying about what will happen now
    If anything, him not being in charge will help the middle east.
    If he has to die cant he wait til June! His death would overcompicate my already overcomplicated Middle East Politics module. Complicated stuff that Middle East Politics you know...
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If anything, him not being in charge will help the middle east.

Depends on who you ask.

While I have to be frank and admit that my following of happening and political developments in the area hasn't been as avid as usually, lately, then with all the havoc recently caused with the forming of the Kadima party - then it did seem as if there was some hope in the future.
    He got people notrious for their left wing policies supporting him (Peres), and I have even read a report where Abbas claims that Sharon's new party was the best hope for the region (unfortunately I can't remember where it was).

Also, you have to remember that the best times Israel has had was under right wing governments.
    I'm sorry but I can't mourn the death of a mass-murdering, Nazi Wall-erecting, people-oppressing twisted bloodied bastard like him. He's got more blood in his hands and he's been responsible for more suffering in the region than any other figure in modern history.

As for what his death would mean for the region, I think it's a 50-50. The good news about him starting a new party was that the right wing vote would be split and Labour would have a chance. But now, even if he survives he's unlikely to be the Prime Minister candidate for his party, which means it will be more or less a head to head between Likud and Labour.

If his party still attracts enough votes away from Likud then Labour has a good chance. A Labour victory would certainly be a step in the right direction, even though the Labour party are not too hot on solving the conflict.

A victory for the unspeakable Netayahu and his Likud party would however be very bad news for both Palestinians and Israelis. And to be frank, it becomes very difficult to defend the position that Israeli civilians are not targets and should be left alone when time after time the Israeli people insist on electing such mudering evil bastards as Sharon or Netayahu into power.
    Aladdin wrote:
    He's got more blood in his hands and he's been responsible for more suffering in the region than any other figure in modern history.

I greatly disagree.
    Not only did Arafat condone and support attacks on Israelis, his own people suffered severely under him and the aid he managed to put into private accounts rather than their intentional usage to help the state of his people.
    Not saying that Sharon is an angel, I just don't think that he was as bad as Arafat, towards his own people or the Palestinians.
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I greatly disagree.
    Not only did Arafat condone and support attacks on Israelis, his own people suffered severely under him and the aid he managed to put into private accounts rather than their intentional usage to help the state of his people.
    Not saying that Sharon is an angel, I just don't think that he was as bad as Arafat, towards his own people or the Palestinians.
    Sharon is probalby worse. As he has been responsible for more deaths.
    Yes, Arafat was corrupt Wendy but he wasn't responsible for even 10% of the deaths Ariel Sharon has added to his account to date.

The man managed at least 1,000 civilians in a single day for heaven's sake.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm sorry but I can't mourn the death of a mass-murdering, Nazi Wall-erecting, people-oppressing twisted bloodied bastard like him.

I don't really need to express my own sentiments on the news (or Sharon himself), as it's been done for me above.

I think this is the end for him, and though I'd usually express some sympathy I'm really not moved at all at this news (or indeed, surprised).

An all-round bad bastard.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sharon is probalby worse. As he has been responsible for more deaths.

Depends.
    The massacre of Sabra and Shatilla wasn't commanded by him. Though yes, he was responsible for the area.
    That said, we do agree that poverty and lack of prospects would in many cases help the nurturing of hatred, right?
    Arafat, stripped his people of many possibilities, due to personal attachment to aid that wasn't his to have in the first place.
    Treatment of opponents in the political climate, weren't exactly treated with civility either.
    And the funding of terror commited against Israelis, is probably not what the rest of us would brag about in our CV either.
    Well, he's responsible in the same way Hitler is. Not directly. But responsible none the less.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Well, he's responsible in the same way Hitler is. Not directly. But responsible none the less.

I am not even going to bother with that comment.
    You perfectly know my stance on this kind of rhetoric, and if you want to play that way, then fine. Do it with yourself.
    Either way, who do we predict will be a good choice for the Israelis, and for the region at this stage?
    Sorry :p

I think the best choice would be the Labour guy, he seems good enough, and would probalby be the best stab at peace in the reigon.
    Anyone but the Likud party.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm sorry but I can't mourn the death of a mass-murdering, Nazi Wall-erecting, people-oppressing twisted bloodied bastard like him. He's got more blood in his hands and he's been responsible for more suffering in the region than any other figure in modern history.

A slight exagerration there. Funny that you didn't say anything like this were Arafat died too...
    Maybe because Arafat hadn't been responisble for the deaths of several thousand innocent civilians?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Anyone but the Likud party.

Mofaz :heart:
    Aladdin wrote:
    Considering he's not dead, aren't you jumping the gun a little here?

And I don't think this situation will have much effect politically. His deputy's taken charge and will do until Sharon returns. If he doesn't, they choose a new leader and they go ahead from there. Of course, I realise it would never be that easy, Middle Eastern politics is never straight-forward., is it?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Considering he's not dead, aren't you jumping the gun a little here?

And I don't think this situation will have much effect politically. His deputy's taken charge and will do until Sharon returns. If he doesn't, they choose a new leader and they go ahead from there. Of course, I realise it would never be that easy, Middle Eastern politics is never straight-forward., is it?

Can't see why not.
    That was the procedure after Rabin died, so why not now?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Maybe because Arafat hadn't been responisble for the deaths of several thousand innocent civilians?

Of course, the PLO were such a responsible and reasonable organsiation, weren't they?
    Both sides have acted as bad as eachother at various points. There is however a difference between a terrorist group doing things, and a government doing things.
    Both sides have acted as bad as eachother at various points. There is however a difference between a terrorist group doing things, and a government doing things.

Yeah, with a government you get shot at and they want you to pay for the bullets. :p
    klintock wrote:
    Yeah, with a government you get shot at and they want you to pay for the bullets. :p

I expect a post claiming the government didn't do it because they dont exist. You dissapoint me. :(