Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shoplifting

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I didn't mean you - when you said this:

That was my response - if you order food online and they are shipping it, and you don't have a home - how are you running a pc?! unless, its like, one of those solar ones. In the middle of a desert.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh. I get it. How can he order it online?..... :blush:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh. I get it. How can he order it online?..... :blush:

Lol. You crazy Americans.
  • Options
    Nad about the meat tghing, it was a typo. I also HATE meat. And vegetables. I'm underweight. I have Anorexia.....
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Lol. You crazy Americans.

That sorta makes me feels loved. I'm not being sarcastic lol.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That sorta makes me feels loved. I'm not being sarcastic lol.

Aww... poor silly American *hug*
  • Options
    Americans are better because we put sweaters on little dogs. LOL
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Found myself skint tonight and was forced to nab some vittles from the supermarket. Expensive range Lasagne, a bottle of irn bru, some Popcorn and one of those Galaxy chocolate drinks.

Payed for my skins though.

I have strong self-justification on ideological grounds.

And I'd bet 1 out of 10 people here have shoplifted more than 2 items from shops since january 2005, and 9 out of 10 of you have been tempted :yes: .

How do you get away with nicking that much stuff?

I used to nab the odd thing, wouldn't even dream of it anymore though.
  • Options
    i once saw a guy literally walk out of woolworths with hand fulls of stuff in his arms, and he never got caught, its surprising when you are lucky
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Aww... poor silly American *hug*

*hugs back* thanks
  • Options
    simba wrote:
    There is no excuse for being a pikey unless you are one and in that case if you are so skint that you have to ask for freebies everytime you try and buy something why don't you sell your luxury caravan 3000 along with your brand new tax-free 4x4 toyota. OR if you really wanna, ask your gf to shit out a sprog so you can claim child benifit and get a 4 bedroom council house all on the tax payers expense. :lol:

STFU ya lion fucking long haired snob.

ETA:Forgotten Fox...you're giving us lectures on English and you're not even smart enough to know where the UK is...go back to your box, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun there.
  • Options
    Me and my best friend used to nick the sweets from woolworths n eat em. And get our knickers from Primark. :blush:
  • Options
    Any why should I care where the Uk is until now?
    Why should I care about anything past the end of my nose?
  • Options
    Any why should I care where the Uk is until now?

cause this happens to be a uk based message board
  • Options
    Anyway, to add something to the discussion... For those who have said stealing is against the law, and that it's immoral... well it is, obviously, but the law itself recognizes there are exeptions to things like stealing if you are under a "state of necessity" (as how I assume its translated into English). If I'm not mistaken, this principle was introduced by St. Thomas Aquinas. And basically what he said is that if you perpetrate an act that's morally wrong to avoid the occurence of a worst one, then your action is morally justified. This is applicable to someone who is starving to death, and to avoid dying of starvation, steals food (as obviously saving a human life is a superior interest than some food getting stolen).

I believe this principle has been adopted by the laws of most western countries -at least- (I'm assuming the UK is one of them) and it is also used in international laws. If the "state of necessity" is invoked, and resolved in favour of, the criminal act that in another circumstance would go punished, in this case won't.

Now, of course a "state of necessity" is very hard to prove, and courts will only accept it in really extreme cases... and of course there's room for a lot of debate as to what consitutes a real state of necessity, but there you go.

Oh, and just for the record, I think it's pretty clear that Spliffie's little immoral act doesn't fall into this category. And no, I've never stolen, was tempted to when I was a kid, hope I'll never do it.
  • Options
    Um, I wasn't joking! I don't live there! Plus, I don't listen in Geography. And I know where Austrailia is! My grandparents live there!
    Now I have somehting to say, (I'll put this in UK 'terms'):

Ecky thump! 'E, ya looking 'et me with eyes like piss holes in the snow. You're all radgie gadgies! 'Yer raggin' me! In my ne'borhoood, it's rare as rocking horse shit for 'peppl to steal!

Wow. It's really coming to something when the trolls start pretending to be dumb americans.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No morals?
    Do you know him do you?

Do you? Yes he has no morals. He is well chuffed he stole crap, and expects everyone to high five him on this thread and that shit won't fly in my eyes.
    Skive wrote:
    If you don't agree with him getting high or stealing than give him grief about that.

I did that.
    Skive wrote:
    I'd stop throwing around stupid insults such as 'ned' though.

YOU think it's stupid, but I think it fits him in his character he's portraying.
    Skive wrote:
    it seems everybody has a different interpretation on the term and it's fucking stupid.

Everyone has a different interpretation of EVERYTHING. It's called human nature incase you didn't know.

And as I've worked in Trongate - Junkie/NeddyVille for three years on the trot, and lived in Glasgow etc. I think I have the right to say he does sound like a ned, he might not be, but from what he's telling us here, he does have neddy tendencies.

So tough titty.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Spliffie is actually quite an intelligent person.

Yeah, it's just a handful of people right now thinking that.

I, on the other hand think he's a thieving pillock who deserves nowt but crap on his plate. Nobody owes him shit. So he needs to lose this attitude ASAP.
    turlough wrote:
    All you know how to do 1983 is spread your legs. ;)

No idea what this stupid insinuation has to do with shit. But way to go on a healthy debate. :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    1983 wrote:
    And as I've worked in Trongate - Junkie/NeddyVille for three years on the trot, and lived in Glasgow etc. I think I have the right to say he does sound like a ned, he might not be, but from what he's telling us here, he does have neddy tendencies.

You're an expert then. :)

Ned, Chav, Pikey ect - just bone stereotypes thrown around by stupid people. That's the point I was making. They're so ambigous they mean nothing.
    1983 wrote:
    So tough titty.

Twat. :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Yeah, it's just a handful of people right now thinking that.

I, on the other hand think he's a thieving pillock who deserves nowt but crap on his plate. Nobody owes him shit. So he needs to lose this attitude ASAP.

No idea what this stupid insinuation has to do with shit. But way to go on a healthy debate. :thumb:

No he's an intelligent person, if you look around the boards you'll realise this.

And the insinuation I was making was based on your assumptions and tendency to use stereotypes, Spliffie does drugs and steals therefore he's a chav, you like sex so you're a slut. Sorry, that's the way it is...though we know it's not.
  • Options
    First off I'm a girl, and the map is a USA one. Any why should I care where the Uk is until now?

Way to make us look retarded. I'm so embaressed for you :( What a steryotpye you are. No wonder everybody thinks we're dumbasses! You're more embaressing than when my boyfriend wore black socks to the gym.
  • Options
    First off I'm a girl, and the map is a USA one. Any why should I care where the Uk is until now?

because you're slagging it off.

and you're so not 12.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    STFU ya lion fucking long haired snob.

What? just because i don't steal makes me a snob? Excuse me if i have to work for a living and thus feel good that i can pay for stuff i worked hard for :yuck:

GIMP!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    *biggest hug* to my_name...didnt realise u had to put up with so much! lol! my hats come off to you! :lol:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    When did I say that?

I'm saying he's a ned because he has a stoner AV and he thinks the fact that he paid for his Rizlas justifies that he's a good guy. *sniff sniff* I smell shite.

He then went and had a bitch about Glaswegians and the neddish culture because of Jazza's Mam, etc. Not nice. PLUS, he has a MAJOR chip on his shoulder.

Quite the characteristics of a ned.

I'm a ned because I have a stoner AV? :confused:

How exactly does that work? Not that you want to get onto that subject - you'd only end up looking even sillier.

I suppose the same goes for some of the most famous and respected minds of the last century, spiritualists and mystics, the majority of successful musicians and the sharpest journalistic minds of our time?

Some real ignorance you've got here, 1983 - and a serious double standard when it comes to your supposedly oh-so-superior sense of morality.

Oh yeah, and I'm a Glaswegian myself - and it quite clearly isn't a "bitch".

Living in fairyland nice is it?
  • Options
    What a real shame you didn't get lifted.

Still, you nicked your tea off a conglomerate. You hard man you.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    simba wrote:
    What? just because i don't steal makes me a snob?

Your views on travellers are certainly very ignorant.
    simba wrote:
    There is no excuse for being a pikey unless you are one and in that case if you are so skint that you have to ask for freebies everytime you try and buy something why don't you sell your luxury caravan 3000 along with your brand new tax-free 4x4 toyota. OR if you really wanna, ask your gf to shit out a sprog so you can claim child benifit and get a 4 bedroom council house all on the tax payers expense.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Simba, your a bit of a spa aren't you?
  • Options
    Spa?
  • Options
    It's a term for dick, stupid, whatever you want to call it, i'm just after a big spliff.

If people decide to steal they can, it's none of my business unless their stealing from me, some people have to do it and others just do it for the buzz, i've taken a couple of chocolate bars and stuff nothing serious but i know people that go into shops robbing things they don't even need just for the craic, stupid.
  • Options
    spa is short for spastic