Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brook Centre's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking at going to a brook centre this saturday, one of the london ones, either Euston or Brixton probably.

Has anyone been to either of these? Or another brook centre?

I was just wondering if someone could fill me in on what they are like there. Im kinda nervous, more for the test(s) I need :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a look HERE they're cool :thumb:
    Brook are pretty cool.........it can be a bit nervous first time, but its nothing to worry about.......what kind of tests are you going in for?
    I go to the one in Brixton (god knows why I still go, its such a mission from where I live...).

It is a good place to go, although you do end up waiting for a silly amount of time to be seen. Like now I only go there to pick up the pill, and the minimum I have to wait for is half an hour (which considering its a drop in place, isn't that bad I suppose) I'm only seen for about 5 minutes though, they take my blood pressure, weigh me, give me the pills and I'm gone. Maybe I should go somewhere closer... but I don't know the procedure of anywhere else... Anyway, I'm rambling..

Its all confidential. They give you a number, and ask you what you want, then you just have to wait till your number is called.

I have never had any tests done there though, so I don't know about that part.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them :) Although, after you've been... I may ask you questions!
    I love going to Brook! The one where I live is ace, really friendly, bright and helpful. A thouroughly enjoyable experience.
    I go to Brook for my pills. My FPC only opens on Fridays and it's such a hassle to get a doc's appt that I thought to hell with it and went to Brook. It's great, I never have to wait very long but I go on weekday afternoons...

You will be fine; it's very informal and friendly.

Good Luck!!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

Good to see that you guys rate Brook. In case you didn't know they answer the sexual health questions for our askTheSite service. They are really good and really care about young people.
    Can i ask what is a brook centre (im really confused) lol
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Can i ask what is a brook centre (im really confused) lol

They are centres that provide free and confidential sexual health advice and services specifically for young people under 25 - and yes this does include giving out free condoms :)
    ahhhhh its all clear now lol