Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dream journals

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I decided to post my dreams online from now on (link's in my sig). Does anyone else do that as well?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish i remembered more dreams :(

Last one i remembered I got on a plane then it was gonna crash so i jumped out nd hit the floor ... then i still needed to get where i was going so I got on another plane, which got stuck in a tree :/

wonder what that one meant :chin:
  • Options
    I remember all my dreams and they're too fucked up to be put onto screen.
  • Options
    Had a weird one last night, was looking at a computer game then my dream suddently transported me to a scenario depicted on the game's box. Was getting chased by what appeared to be nazis, ended up struggling with some guy who was trying to shoot me.

Think I won though.

Haven't played that type of game for a while so for it to come up in a dream is strange. Sort of like Commandos 2 in your head and scaring the shit out of you.

Used to have recurring dreams where people were beating the shit out of me and and my movement was slowed down to the point where i can barely move. So I'd be throwing once punch for every few dozen. Hated those dreams.

Now I'm always dreaming that i'm love with some english bird who's a complete figment of my imagination. Weird.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Turlough do you ever dream about drugs?

They are part of most of my dreams, but I never take them. Used to keep on dreaming about large jars full of E's stacked up as a background to what was going on :confused:
  • Options
    I hate dreams where fighting is involved, you're just so slow.

My dreams are usually cross country/planetary adventures with my mates where fucked up things always happen. Last night I had to jump across a dangerous rivine in some star wars type futuristic world to kill my mate who was shooting darts out of his mouth at people. :shocking:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I hate dreams where fighting is involved, you're just so slow.

My dreams are usually cross country/planetary adventures with my mates where fucked up things always happen. Last night I had to jump across a dangerous rivine in some star wars type futuristic world to kill my mate who was shooting darts out of his mouth at people. :shocking:

Haha, I've had insane ones like that.

The being unable to fight dream is a common one...every guy i know, and not one without fail, who's had tussles in the past knows exactly what i'm talking about...it must be the strongest icon of a certain unconscious emotion the mind can use once experienced.
  • Options
    What do you think the deeper meaning is...that there's things in your life that need urgent attention to, that you're not just fast enough to deal with your problems? Maybe I'm over analyzing.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    What do you think the deeper meaning is...that there's things in your life that need urgent attention to, that you're not just fast enough to deal with your problems? Maybe I'm over analyzing.

I presume it represents a part of you which feels incapable of sorting out your problems (represented by forces attacking you), thats what i've always thought. Trying to analyse your dreams can become very complex.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    You go to hit someone and it feels like your moving through treacle. I hate that.

Best dreams are flying dreams.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You go to hit someone and it feels like your moving through treacle. I hate that.

Best dreams are flying dreams.

The worst dreams and getting chased and then running so fast you take off. Absolutely HATE those! :yuck:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    running so fast you take off.

They're the ones I'm on about. They're quality. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    :lol: :thumb: I know what ya mean!
  • Options
    I love dreaming about flying.

I had a fighting dream a couple of years ago - it scarred me for life.
  • Options
    hmmm, I never fly in my dreams. I feel like I'm missing out. :(

But once I was this major kung fu bitch but was scared shitless nonetheless because two verry sexy women were wanting to kill me.
    I've also dreamt that my friends voted for me to be left to some eerie guy so that they might be let free.
    A horse also jumped off this really high cliff with me. I woke up before I completed the fall.

The more fucked up a dream is the more fun it is remembering them. Don't believe for a second that they're a way of telling the future.

I sometimes write the ones I remember in my blog, but most often I forget them when I start abusing the snooze button after I wake up the first time so all I do remember is that I had them but not what I dreamt.
  • Options
    If I posted my dreams online, my friends would be horrified and red-faced at the same time. Some things the world aren't meant to know about.
  • Options
    I had a dream the other day where an ex boyf pushed me off this balcony, and I saw myself fall, and felt myself thud when I hit the ground, then I blacked out.

www.swoon.com is really good for dream interpretation.
  • Options
    I dream about smoking alot.

Mad dreams are dream of war. Those are just... so bad, yet good. Dreams involving lots of people are fun. Dreams with cars/motorbikes/planes and shit just get mentally fast. Like dogfighting in WW2... it ended up going round and round stupidly fast.

Then, an odd one was trains going up and down my road... although the worst is still, my evil nigtmare... walking down a road past a large old barn full of car tyres... in the middle of houses... and then a yellow bird like tweety appears and there is mad screaching, thek ind you cant tollerate, and it wont stop. :shocking: Fucks me every time.

Ooh forgot - occasionally I have dreams of Nuclear War, and the aftermath - what does this mean? I mean, they are really vivid - like a small mutated boy hiding in a farm, who tries to kill me. Its scary.
  • Options
    I pretty much never remember my dreams so me having a dream journal would be pointless.
  • Options
    Does anyone dream about being a POW a lot? I dream about being in Auschwitz Berkenhaum and trying to escape a lot. I am always trying to escape - they are normally very beautiful vivid dreams. I also dream about rape alot....a bit worrying....
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Does anyone dream about being a POW a lot? I dream about being in Auschwitz Berkenhaum and trying to escape a lot. I am always trying to escape - they are normally very beautiful vivid dreams. I also dream about rape alot....a bit worrying....

Tell me, what's a POW? First I thought you meant a powerpuff girl, but that was way out of line.

I was once a bird in one of my dreams.
  • Options
    Never a POW (Prison of War, silly). But in a war, fighting, yes. And escaping from other places and things, yes.

What about running from the police? I've dreamt that before. And they shot me, its hurt like hell, and I died.
  • Options
    i dont really dream anymore, or remember them at least. which is a same i used to have some really strange dreams, which would make good films or books if i could ever get off my arse to write them down. others where well to strange/rude/frighting to ever speak or write about
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My dreams usually are a total mess. The one I described on that site is very close to realism compared to most of them. Once, for example, I had 3 cartoon demons follow me in an aftican jungle which was behind a mini-market on a mountain village and tell me to be afraid of the "Boosbood" instead of them. Or a teddy bear who used to be a man killing the guy who shot him by burning him with a cigarette, then turning into a woman. Or...