Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Resolutions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone made any new years resolutions?

I decided I'm going to give up smoking, for good this time. I didn't decide to stop at midnight but my decision was not to give up giving up until I've stopped for good.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stop spending so much money. its going well so far. but then I return to Manc on friday :/

edit: chaos, dont spose ull be going to essential on sat? my gay best friend at uni jus phoned me and informed me im going lol
    Again with the not spending money.

REALLY can't afford it ;(.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Erm, to DO work and BE motivated and ACHIEVE this year at college. Already failing. Gotta do this ocursework.

I cnat, i cnat concentrate for lnog enough on anything. Its terrible, its like a conditon, I physically cant concentrate, my brain dies when I try. ;( I want to just run, escape all this crap, it drives me crazy.
    There was already a thread on NY resolutions... anyway, mine is to enjoy life more, and with the superb party I had I can say I'm already succeeding! :D
    A mate's going to email me some pics of the party, I'll post'em as soon as I get them.
    stop spending so much money. its going well so far. but then I return to Manc on friday :/

edit: chaos, dont spose ull be going to essential on sat? my gay best friend at uni jus phoned me and informed me im going lol

To be honest I doubt it, I'm pretty skint till I get paid and I lost my passport in there the other week. If I do go sometime soon I'll let you know though :)
    to stop clicking on threads titled resolutions and similar because I know what they are, i'm sure i've read everybodies resolutions in the other 76 threads
    bluewisdom wrote:
    There was already a thread on NY resolutions...

I looked for one and didn't spot it...oops!
    Mine is to exercise more and to not be a coward.
    I decided I'm going to give up smoking, for good this time. I didn't decide to stop at midnight but my decision was not to give up giving up until I've stopped for good.

Good boy. Smoking prematurely ages you and you're way too pretty to be a wrinled old hag on the gay scene by the time you're 30 .... :yes:
    Make sure that the numerator and the denominator in my work efficiency equates (100%). :p

Can you actually say that?
    to go on a diet and exercise :D
    To loose 2 stone by my freinds wedding which is the end of April. I though I only needed to loose a stone but then I bought some scales to check my progress and discovered it was 2 - arrrgggghhhh
    I don't make resolutions generally, but I have just moved house, and there is a much better recycling system here, so I am going to make a real effort with that. The recycling bin is already much more full than the 'real' bin :D
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Erm, to DO work and BE motivated and ACHIEVE this year at college. Already failing. Gotta do this ocursework.

I cnat, i cnat concentrate for lnog enough on anything. Its terrible, its like a conditon, I physically cant concentrate, my brain dies when I try. ;( I want to just run, escape all this crap, it drives me crazy.

:shocking: I know 100% what u mean ....

ppl are just like lazy fuck, get on with it. It's not like you dont wanta do stuff but you cant get ureself to concentrate on it at all, im sure it actually is some sort of condition lol.

I have thought ohhh i ll put the effort in, try harder etc all the time but i can never fucking do anything I know is gonna be realllllyy boring without some extreme effort and like 4 hours procrastinating till midnight or something =/

also it's hard to stay motivated to do so much work when u get no reward for it once uve done it...doing a 4 hour bit of work for a degree which u may or may not get in 3 years does not feel worth it.

So yeah prety much same resolution as ures lol =/
    muse- wrote:
    :shocking: I know 100% what u mean ....

ppl are just like lazy fuck, get on with it. It's not like you dont wanta do stuff but you cant get ureself to concentrate on it at all, im sure it actually is some sort of condition lol.

I have thought ohhh i ll put the effort in, try harder etc all the time but i can never fucking do anything I know is gonna be realllllyy boring without some extreme effort and like 4 hours procrastinating till midnight or something =/

also it's hard to stay motivated to do so much work when u get no reward for it once uve done it...doing a 4 hour bit of work for a degree which u may or may not get in 3 years does not feel worth it.

So yeah prety much same resolution as ures lol =/

Lol, if it is a condition I want treatment. NOW! Arg, I cant even concentrate, no matter how hard I try. Ffs. Then my head starts to be full of random crap thoughts and overloads. ;(
    I've decided to do more for me, to do what makes me happy even if it makes people unhappy in the short term. I've spent to long doing things for other people and putting my feelings to one side. So this year is gonna be about me.
    To look after my self for once!!!!!
    To actually go to university this year, and not to get scared off the moment I hand in my application. (later this week)
    I'd like to stop smoking but hey you know how it is.

I'm actually going to go to all my classes this year at uni, try and not miss any of them as what's the point in paying all this money to go and lie in bed till the afternoon.
    Zella wrote:
    I've decided to do more for me, to do what makes me happy even if it makes people unhappy in the short term. I've spent to long doing things for other people and putting my feelings to one side. So this year is gonna be about me.
    Know exactly what you mean. :yes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Zella wrote:
    Maybe I need to do the same... I doubt I've helped people as much as you (not even close) but I've always stopped myself from doing things so that no other person would be "harmed".
    Mine's to sort my life out! God knows how I will do it :D
    I'm not where I thought I'd be at this age and I gotta work out how to do it!
    my new years resolution is 1152x864

oh the humour
    jake0 wrote:

oh the humour
    yes i laughed....sort of!
    jake0 wrote:

oh the humour
    *cries*
    Was quite amusing... but... lol.
    jake0 wrote:

oh the humour

i didnt find that funny, i saw the serious side :love:
    Giving up class A's.

Scared myself at new year with everyone's fuckedness, and have decided they're not worth it. 'specially as drugs seem to be getting craper and crapper as the years go by, so no more A's for me...except when im raving.....
    Become a veggitrian for atleast a month. mostly to just get in shape. Ive been pretty good so far.