Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i take the pill every evening but im also on another tablet which i should take 1st thing in the morning. this morning half asleep i took my pill by mistake when i shouldnt take it till 8 tonight. wot do i do? im on mini pill so i can only be 3hrs late takin it but wot if ive took it too early? am i ok or do i still take one tonite? im hopeless. :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to the doctor?
    Don't have sex for a week?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    69Angel69 wrote:
    i take the pill every evening but im also on another tablet which i should take 1st thing in the morning. this morning half asleep i took my pill by mistake when i shouldnt take it till 8 tonight. wot do i do? im on mini pill so i can only be 3hrs late takin it but wot if ive took it too early? am i ok or do i still take one tonite? im hopeless. :banghead:

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your pill confusion. I'm afraid the only way to ensure that you are protected for the next seven days is to use other protection when you have sex- preferably condoms. You should continue to take your pill at the same time (starting from tomorrow) during those seven days. Click here to read TheSite's article on the mini pill which includes a section on missing a pill.

For Further clarification if you are still feeling unsure - don't hesitate to contact the fpa on 0845 310 1334 who are sexual health experts (www.fpa.org.uk)

Take care ;)
    Go see your doctor,
    Take it again as normal tonight,
    Wait until tomorrow normal time(but use a condom) then start again as normal might be wise to use condoms for a week to be on the safe side.

It would be best to see a doctor or a nurse trained to provide advice on these matters.
    Here is info about a really common mini-pill :
    http://www.drugs.com/mtm/m/micronor.html

It says "An overdose of norethindrone is not likely to threaten life or cause serious side effects. If you do suspect an overdose call an emergency room or poison control left for advice. Symptoms of a norethindrone overdose have not been reported."

I am not a Doc, or medically trained in anyway, but IMO:

You could take your next mini-pill at the same time tomorrow as you did this morning and still be protected, or if it's easier for you to stick to evenings you could take the 'extra' one tonight as usual. If you don't take one this evening or tomorrow morning you will not be protected. If you take the extra you risk symptoms of nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, etc. Any risks are higher if you're overweight, smoke, high blood pressure, migraine, cancer history etc.

An overdose of your mini-pill make make you feel nauseated, if you've ever taken emergency contraception pills and had a reaction- it'll probably be like that. If you phone the nurse/doctor/family planning clinic they may well be able to advise you over the phone.

As is always sensible with medication- check with a proffessional....