Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Laughing inappropriately.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody ever do that?

My mate is talking about how she saw somebody fall over trying to catch a train...

Takes me back to the day I saw a man in a pink bunny suit fall over a curb hahahahaha

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Others people pain and humilation is the best form of entertainment.
    Oops wrong forum.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oops wrong forum.
    You can move it.
    On topic: I do it sometimes, yes. The worst is when I'm saying something that is true but the other person would have trouble believing: I think about them not believing me and that makes me giggle. Of course, they think I giggle because I'm lying, which I'm not...
    my lecturer tripped a few weeks ago in the middle of a lecture

that was hillarious, although i was the only one who laughed and i was sat right at the front of the lecture theatre, but ah well
    The best one I ever saw... My dad and I were driving and were at a stoplight. On the other side of the intersection was a car and all of the sudden the passanger door opened and you saw this larger woman sort of slowly roll out of the car. Her milkshake spilled all over and I thought I was going to pee myself laughint.

Then one day when I was out walking a woman was speed walking and coming up behind me. Next thing I know I hear a grunt and shes rolling out into the road. I didn't see, but I think she tripped over a crack. I tried to ask if she was alright but I kept giggling.

I must get my sensivity from my mother. At Disney World a kid about 6 was sitting on a hand rail. He tipped backwards and fell, started crying and my mother not only laughs, but points too :p
    In that kind of situations, I don't laugh... Once I saw a woman walk behind a car across the road then disappear. She had apparently tripped on something. I just smiled and asked if she was okay; she was the one laughing afterwards.
    Yep, all the time. I've even laghed at disabled people before which I'm not proud of.
    The nastiest sense of humour is often best sense of humour.
    i think you could get away with leaving this in the relationship area, if someone mentions laughing innappropriately in a relationship situation
    MrG wrote:
    i think you could get away with leaving this in the relationship area, if someone mentions laughing innappropriately in a relationship situation

I laughed at a pal once and he got really upset.

There you go. Sorted :cool: .
    i laughed as a couple were removed from the toilets in the club i work in, he hadnt even had time to get his trousers back up, it as funny, and not just me laughed :hyper:
    Pass the laughter to this side of the table, please.
    all my friends laughed at me on sunday night when i forgot i had a straw in my drink (i was quite pissed) and poked myself in the eye.

was funny but it hurt :cry:
    mel-H, ive done that!!!
    i always laugh at people doing stupid things, but i always seem to be the only one+get lots of dissaproving looks!
    I did it at my ex's grandma's funeral a few years ago.The lady reading the eulogy(?) had A real broad yorkshire accent and was going on about how you can get on the bus and be surrounded by muggers ,rapists etc. But Ex's gran was not like that...
    How appropriate...not Just set me off .Sorry.
    In general, the urge to laugh only occurs after you see the other person is OK. The mechanism involved is the same that makes you laugh at based on a twist - (eh "two men walk into a bar; clang, clang)
    treesprite wrote:
    I did it at my ex's grandma's funeral a few years ago.The lady reading the eulogy(?) had A real broad yorkshire accent and was going on about how you can get on the bus and be surrounded by muggers ,rapists etc. But Ex's gran was not like that...
    How appropriate...not Just set me off .Sorry.

I'd probably laugh at that. It's nervous laughter of a sort, I think.

At my Nana's funeral I remember having this uncontrollable urge to laugh despite being really upset. I had to disguise it as a coughing fit and I've got no idea what I was laughing at. Maybe I'm just sick. :yeees:

I always laugh when people fall over in hilarious circumstances, I think that's completely normal and would expect people to laugh too if I fell on my arse in the pub. I don't laugh when old ladies fall over in the high street etc though, I don't think that's funny.
    Anyone who doesn't take schadenfreude sometimes is a liar.

Nervous situations can give me the giggles, but I hate it most when someone cracks a joke so awful nobody laughs, except me, who can't stop giggling like a girl even though I thought it wasn't funny too.
    Whenever i protest my innocence to my mum I laugh:

"It wasn't me *ha ha* honestly!"

loads of times!!
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyone who doesn't take schadenfreude sometimes is a liar.

Nervous situations can give me the giggles, but I hate it most when someone cracks a joke so awful nobody laughs, except me, who can't stop giggling like a girl even though I thought it wasn't funny too.

I'm just as bad. I have the habit of laughing at random stuff people say to me on MSN, which can be so embarrassing if someone hears me... (which has happened)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Laughing innapropriatley is fun.

Like when you laugh at the wrong time in the cinema... and everyone stares. Heheheh. But those bits of the film ARE funny.

Or some woman managed to fall over RIGHT NEXT TO the "Wet Floor" sign... I mean, come on. Then she wanted to sue the manager... :rolleyes:
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Not always. My sister did that just over a year ago (she was laughing at me) and got sh!t for it, once she realised what it was all about.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Like when you laugh at the wrong time in the cinema... and everyone stares. Heheheh. But those bits of the film ARE funny.

Or some woman managed to fall over RIGHT NEXT TO the "Wet Floor" sign... I mean, come on. Then she wanted to sue the manager... :rolleyes:

I do that. Sometimes when people die in films or when it's scary - it doesn't make me frightened - i just laugh. And i wonder why people just stare at me.. :p Oh well..