Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bluetooth phone problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought myself the Panasonic VS6 today. It's a pretty good phone for the price (99.99 because it has to come with a network) however, I can't get it to connect to my PC via my bluetooth dongle :(

On my SE T610 I had the option to browse my computer's files but the VS6 doesn't give me that option and I can't seem to find anything helpful in the guidebook. I'm not shelling out for a USB connector, i'd rather return the phone. (Or try, I'll check with the Carphone Warehouse)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are there any error messages it gives?

Might sound basic but is bluetooth enabled on the phone and the phone visible to all?
    Yeah. It is on and visible (though only visible for 5 mins at a time) on the settings bit it gives the option to connect (to device) but I get an error message saying "not supported audio service"
    Have you tried using XP (assuming that's what you're on) to connect rather than using the option on the phone?
    How can I do that?
    Erm, christ now I've gotta remember. It involves right clicking on the bluetooth icon you should have in the system tray on the task bar and clicking pair device or search for devices. If I still had my bluetooth dongle I'd be able to give more info, sorry!
    Fucking hell. Whenever I right click it gives me no such options. When I click my phone Icon and try to connect from the BlueSoleil software all it offers is Object Push. I did however, find some person's phone whilst searching for devices and they can get file transfer but I can't :|

Would i be able to use this as an excuse to exchange the phone for something a bit more suitable that will connect? I really like the phone but I'm beginning to wonder if i should have paid a bit more and got something better.
    Hmmm will this link help? - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258

You can probably go back to the shop and say you're not happy with it and that you're having problems, but for the price you could pay for a more expensive phone, could you use the money you would pay extra for a usb cable for the panasonic instead?
    I really don't know what to do. USB cables are about 20 quid aren't they? I don't know if it would be worth it.
    Depends where you look to be honest - perhaps ebay for starters?

USB cables on ebay in the seach results link above are £2.99 with £5.99 p&p from Hong Kong. Entirely upto you though.
    Try

Control panel
    > network and internet connections then blue tooth devices and then click the add button and follow the wizard that opens
    Thanks BeastlyMouse! That let me send pictures, but i can't send MP3's so that means I can't have them as ringtones.

Grr.