Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

21st parties

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This is so obviously on my mind because I can't let go of the NY party atmosphere... but, anyone who has turned 21 (or is soon to) what did you do for your 21st celebrations?

Mine is this year (though yeah, this is quite good planning since it isn't for months) and while I don't generally make a big deal of birthdays I'd like to use it as an excuse to get all my friends and relatives together for a big shindig. I know a lot of people just have a birthday night out, maybe I should just go for that...

So, basic nosy questions such as what people did, venue etc and also how it went!!!! I was thinking of having it at my parents' house as it's fairly big and nice for civilised parties (which is what I hope this will be) and best of all is in easy walking distance of the city centre for post-party antics. That said, it might be less stressful to have it in a function room or similar...I'm slightly put off Social/Rugby/etc Clubs ever since my 18th :nervous:

The last party I had for me was my 18th though, and even then I remember the huge stress I had on for about six weeks prior to the party...this was with my parents arranging everything for me, too! That said, I'm going for the angle that it'll be worth it when I've had a 21st to remember with everyone I love.

Also, am I planning (even, thinking about) this waaay too early? I need to invite people who I know from Uni, who will therefore have to make travel arrangements and sort out time off...and also cousins and other random relatives from Ireland whom I know always like a lot of advance. I'm not planning on sending my invites out in the post tomorrow or anything, but I want to know my timeframe...so step forward anyone who's good at party planning :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didn't have a party for my 21st but we hired out a limo and went clubbing lin ondon, was wicked.

I had a party for my 16th and one for my 18th which were good but I bit stressful so thought I would give it a miss
    had a family + friends party one night, then went away for a couple of nights with my mates to whitley bay, then went to usa and canada for a few weeks with a pal. was all amazingly fun, oh to be 21 again
    I went out with my dad all of my mates had something else on :(.
    my 21st is this year as well
    MrG wrote:

Me too! I'm torn between getting a limo and making a massive night of it, or having a party.

It's my Dad's 60th two weeks later, so it would be nice to have a joint party I suppose!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    Mine too... But I don't see anything special about it, other than that it's just another birthday.
    Nevertheless, I hope something happens. I haven't had a good birthday in years.
    i had a party at home with my family and a few friends and my cousin almost amputated two of her fingers on a mirror.

fun times.
    MrG wrote:

I always thought you were older than me, not sure why :confused:
    MrG wrote:

YaY, Me too! Not a clue what I'm going to do for it tho.
    I went to the pub with my mates.
    erm thing is its my parents 25th wedding anniversary as well, in the same week
    i was in france for my 21st. suuuccked :(
    my parents and best friend came and spent the weekend in paris with me. on the actual day of my birthday i just went to a bar with my friends who i'd only known for a few months. and my new french boyfriend too. and no one really got drunk coz we had exams the next day. i got laid though. always good.
    lipsy wrote:
    i got laid though. always good.

lol
    I got WASTED.
    I spent it with family and friends.

Had just come back from Amsterdam the day before and the journey back was trecherous so I took it really easy and even had an early night.
    I didn't do a huge amount really (I actually spent my 21st night moving house, which was great with a capital shit), but one of the wife's mates hired out one of the steamers at Ullswater, and that was fantastic. It was great riding round Ullswater on the back of the boat enjoying the summer evening (I drove that time, so no beer for David).
    Hmm, sounds like not that many people had a party as such. I really like the idea of clubbing/whatevering in New York, but I just know that the people I'd want to do that with wouldn't be able to make it (hell, I can't afford it).

I'm starting to lean towards hiring somewhere rather than inflicting my friends on my poor parents, and also if I do have a party then I'll probably want a band so that would be necessary. I'm starting to sound like Paris Hilton or something, but I do want it to be good.

Kermit - going out on a boat would be a lovely, calm way to ring in 21. How do you feel the Tuxedo Princess would compare? :p
    I had two parties! Oh, the perks of having divorced parents :rolleyes:

Both were pretty similar, although the one at Dad's was pretty much all family, whereas I had most of my friends to the one at my Mum's too. Overall it was a very good birthday, was great to see so many people I care about :yes:
    it's my 21st in may, and am just planning a night out with a group of my mates to a city we've never been to before.

as for family, we'll probably just go for a meal but my family are dispersed all over the place and my step-dad works abroad so it'll probably just be me and me mum!