Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I am going to die alone :cry:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so I'm not as melodramatic as that; but I do feel as if I am the only one who doesn't really have a love interest at the moment.

I like this girl in work but I really have no idea how to approach her. There are 2 things stopping me from going up to her:

1. She's really nice and not the type to not have a boyfriend (I know i am being stereotypical? maybe not the right word but y'know)

2. I really don't think she'd go out with me, she's too nice looking. To get an idea, she looks a bit like this but nicer.

I got talking to her when I was put upstairs to help on the tills at Christmas and we got talking, joking a bit. After that whenever I bump into her we chat. I haven't tried to make her notice I like her or anything, I wouldn't really know how to begin. I'm really shy when it comes to things like this and now I'm older it's nopt as if i can go up to her and say "I fancy you".

Comments?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Other than that I'm in a very similar state? Sorry, no.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jazza wrote:
    OK, so I'm not as melodramatic as that; but I do feel as if I am the only one who doesn't really have a love interest at the moment.

I like this girl in work but I really have no idea how to approach her. There are 2 things stopping me from going up to her:

1. She's really nice and not the type to not have a boyfriend (I know i am being stereotypical? maybe not the right word but y'know)

2. I really don't think she'd go out with me, she's too nice looking. To get an idea, she looks a bit like this but nicer.

I got talking to her when I was put upstairs to help on the tills at Christmas and we got talking, joking a bit. After that whenever I bump into her we chat. I haven't tried to make her notice I like her or anything, I wouldn't really know how to begin. I'm really shy when it comes to things like this and now I'm older it's nopt as if i can go up to her and say "I fancy you".

Comments?
    she looks like the girl next door type.
    if you keep chatting you'l lkearn more.
    such as if she has a guy right now.

pluck up some courage ya great puddin' ...maybe after gleaning a little bit more about her ...and ask her if she fancies going for a drink.
    she'll be flattered not angry ...if she says no i'm sure she'll be polite and may even explain why.
    it won't be the end of the world ...but it could be a sweet begining.
    Well best to establish if she is single first. Spend some time with the girl and if she is single and finds you attractive she will give off some signs of her interest. It's just up to you to pick up on them.
    You work RIGHT next to the cinema. Hint hint.

:razz: Please don't NOT ask her out, cause I did that to a bloke when I worked at Next when I was 17, butterflies and all that jazz(a) :p.

Regret it now by no means. Cause he gave ALL the signs, asking if I had a boyfriend when I said I was off to the cinema, flirting, etc.

Take her to John Lewis and play with the toys, take her to Virgin Megastores and play on the PS2 with her, go and laugh at the Goffs/Neds/Emos on the Ice Rink on George Square, go on the ice rink? Take her to the carnival. Surprise her, you need to get over the first step and come out and say to her you want to take her out and do stuff.

Tell her you REALLY like her, and fancy doing something fun that isn't just tidying the lightbulbs/folding shirts at work.

D'you want me to come in and I'll tell her? :p 'Cause I will. :D
    1983 wrote:
    D'you want me to come in and I'll tell her? :p 'Cause I will. :D

Do it! :hyper:
    briggi wrote:
    Do it! :hyper:

My pal really fancies you..:blush:..so howzaboutit?
    1983 wrote:
    My pal really fancies you..:blush:..so howzaboutit?

do you want to snog him behind the bike shed? :naughty:
    edit
    Ask her out, somewhere neutral.

Do it. Go on. Go on. Go on. Go on father. </mrs doyle>
    I'll speak to her first, chat, ask things (in my not so subtle way) and see what happens.

Becky - I dare you :razz: Come down and see me though! Might be your last chance on Thursday night/Saturday afternoon (My contracts expires this week)
    just do it.

you'll only regret it if you don't.
    Jazza wrote:
    (My contracts expires this week)

Even more reason to ask her! :yes:
    You could try workin on a friendship with her then that way she can see more of who you are. Sometimes if you jump right in there so to speak then it could freak her out. If you try and make the effort and talk to her find out more about her. She will be more relaxed in your company and who knows she may even feel the same way. If you really like her then take your time. I know that may seem really hard but it may be worth it in the long run.

Thought about writing the reverse side of things but you have already went over that a lot of times in your head. Just be positive and patience and if worse comes to worse then put it down to experience. That's what the majority of use have done. Good luck :thumb:
    I know how u feel, I have give up coz they all let you down x
    Jazza wrote:

Comments?

Get to know her on friendly basis. If you're getting on well, then make a move. Test out the water first if you're nervous.

Oh yeah...and most importantly...don't be a pussy. You stand no chance if you're stuttering over your words and refusing to make eye contact, especially if you're punching above your weight.
    carrot12 wrote:
    Well best to establish if she is single first. Spend some time with the girl and if she is single and finds you attractive she will give off some signs of her interest. It's just up to you to pick up on them.

As Carrot has said here. I find that if I get talking to a girl for 10 minutes, the fact that they're single or not will come out. Don't ask them "are you single". Just ask normal questions like "what did you do for Christmas?" And they may answer as follows "Oh I was at my boyfriend's parents over Christmas".