Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oh Danish Blue... How I love you!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am eating a danish blue cheese and brocoli sandwich, umm heaven. Whatcha eatin'? And what's your favourite munch?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    danish blue cheese ?
    oh yes ...on a nice steak fillet!
    or in a pasta kinda cheese sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or salmon and tuna sashimi followed by a cheese board, drool.
    Blue cheese :yum:
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :yum:
    Blue cheese all gone... :( I'm still a bit peckish but only got porridge, think I'll pass!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You're bad... my mates dad went on Holiday... and left him in the fridge, a grand total of:
    Some Butter
    Stale Milk
    Soggy Biscuits

Well, Ainsley, with this I think i'll make...
    oh blue cheese is the grosest thing in the world! How about I let my chedder sit out a week, let it grow mold then take a big bite out of it!
    Better than eating mushrooms though, no?
    katralla wrote:
    Better than eating mushrooms though, no?

Oh god yes. I hate mushrooms. I wont eat anything that has even come into contact with mushrooms. I love you for hating them :p
    i like mushrooms, lots and lots, i think they are yummy, but not to the point that i'll go out of my way to have them in something
    danish blue and similar blue cheeses are a bitch to cut because they smell soooo bad.

(yes i work with cheese)
    I love cheese indiscriminately, but find the idea of broccoli in a sandwich quite...bizarre.

Had a Brie and Cranberry sauce toastie for my brekkie this morning :yum:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Oh god yes. I hate mushrooms. I wont eat anything that has even come into contact with mushrooms. I love you for hating them :p
    What she said.
    So a mushroom walked into a bar and the bartender looks at him and says, we don't serve mushrooms here. And the mushroom looks back at him and says, but I'm a fungi :lol::lol::lol:
    my_name wrote:
    So a mushroom walked into a bar and the bartender looks at him and says, we don't serve mushrooms here. And the mushroom looks back at him and says, but I'm a fungi :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:. I don't have a major problem with mushrooms. I think they taste quite nice actually.

Have mercy on me, please! :nervous:
    Oh I love mushrooms!!! :yum::yum::yum: And all kinds of cheese... blue cheese is my favourite, then the... er.... the one with holes, forgot how its called. :yum:
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Oh I love mushrooms!!! :yum::yum::yum: And all kinds of cheese... blue cheese is my favourite, then the... er.... the one with holes, forgot how its called. :yum:

swiss? thats yummy on sandwiches
    my_name wrote:
    swiss? thats yummy on sandwiches
    That's the one, just remembered how its called: gruyere. I like it better alone or on crackers though.
    I love mushrooms and cheese. My favourite cheese at the moment is cheddar with cranberries.Five counties is awesome too.
    My mum & sister completely love Danish Blue, i on the othe rhand HATE it. What i do like which i am not eating at the moment is either a Tuna Mayo softy from Greggs OR a Chicken & Bacon sub from Tesco, oh my god that is heaven :heart:
    I used to hate blue cheeses, but I'm sort of getting into them. In fact I might get some Danish next time I go shopping...
    What can one say?
    Everybody loves the Danish :D
    Baby swiss cheese! And American! MMMM :hyper:

Here's what I got from cheese.com:

» Baby Swiss «
    Its appearance and texture is ivory to pale yellow. It is a creamy cheese with small holes and it melts well when shredded. Baby Swiss has a buttery, slightly nutty and sweet flavor. It goes well with sweet fruits and berries croissants and muffins, white and red wine, juices and even ice-cold milk.
    I like chedder, jarlsberg, philladelphia and haloumi!
    Zalbor wrote:
    What she said.
    What he said.

(does that work?)

ETA Haloumi cheese is the best thing ever. Yum :yum:
    My fridge isn't working- it freezes everything because the thermostat has gone so I like to buy my veg fresh every day. As I'd had brocoli with lunch, I decided to finish it as a snack rather than freeze the remainder in my fridge :( I've never had brocoli in a sandwich before either, but it was surprisingly yummy!
    And if we're talking about favourite cheeses, my all time favourite is Cambridge Baa- a runny goat's cheese. I've only ever found it in a tinsy little cheese shop that's tucked away down a cobbled alley-way in Cambridge but it's soooo worth it! And, there's a chocolatier (sp?) next door too! Cheese and Choc, what more could you ask for?