Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hearing what you're Ex is up to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why does it hurt so much? Even though you know that you're up to the same stuff.... can't quite justify that fact in my head though :crying:

Comments

• Options
    I know how you feel. Who are you hearing these things off? I split up from my bf and used to have a mutual friend who lived in the same house as him. She would tell me how he was over me, and was looking for a new girlfriend, and it hurt me so much that I had to stop seeing her. Who knows if they are even true, sometimes people say things to their friends, knowing it will get passed on to the ex.
  • Options
    Well, it came from a female work friend, but she does like me, so it may be a bit of propaganda, I'm seeing a different friend later so I'll ask him.

It's making me feel sick to think about it :(
  • Options
    The only thing that will help is to forget about it. Don't ask your other friend, dont ask what he is up to, if you hear, just try to ignore it. It may be hard but it will help.
  • Options
    It really does hurt and suck, especially if it seems like they don't even remember you. They are off doing things and it seems they have forgotten all about you despite every thing you had together. Best to try to ignore them all together!
  • Options
    JJ454 wrote:
    I'm seeing a different friend later so I'll ask him.

It's making me feel sick to think about it :(

It's so tempting to ask, but honestly it's better if you call on all your superhuman powers and refrain from doing so. Not that I've ever followed my own advice. :(

You're obviously not anywhere near being over your ex yet, and it's going to hurt hearing that they're moving on...even if you're also moving on yourself. Keep your chin up, it won't always hurt. :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, like you say, I won't pursue it later, I'll make it clear to him that I don't want to know! He was in the club after aswell so would probably know even more than the girl did.

I was feeling like I was starting to move on and get over her but this has just been a bit of a slap to the face! Oh well, if anything it makes me even more determined to move on!

Wish I'd not given her her christmas presents in the end now! D'oh!