Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

footnotes on ms word

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the footnotes on ma work are like taking up nearly a third of the page even though theres only one referance at the bottom of the page
can some one please tell me why this is happening..grrrr

Comments

• Options
    Make sure your using a normal view that doesn't highlight formatting (the four buttons in the bottom left for recent copies of word) and try right clicking on the footnote and selecting 'style' or 'paragraph' incase some'at is set wrong
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Make sure your using a normal view that doesn't highlight formatting (the four buttons in the bottom left for recent copies of word) and try right clicking on the footnote and selecting 'style' or 'paragraph' incase some'at is set wrong

When you say 'normal view' do you mean like 100% as opposed to 500% or something?
  • Options
    ive got word 12 .. and no matter what i do the footer separater is like taking up half the space..
    if any one can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee help my work looks like im trying to take up 10 pages when all i need is like 4 pages :(
  • Options
    Check the values in Page Setup - layout and Page Setup - Margins.