Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dawson's Creek

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I didn't watch dawsons creek when it was on TV but have got into it recently since I was lent the dvd's. I like it so much, think I'm addicted :eek2: can anyone recommend any similar types of shows I might enjoy, as I'm scared of getting to the end!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The OC is probably the most obvious suggestion..as is One tree hill.
  • Options
    Ha! I loved Dawson's Creek back in the day, despite the ridiculous storylines and terrible haircuts...so I can relate completely. :heart: Pacey.

My So-Called Life is the only vaguely similar show I can think of; I adored it although that was probably largely to do with it being on during my early adolescence. There was a show called Freaks & Geeks that used to be on (I think) Trouble and that I loved, but I think they only made one series of it. I know you can get it on DVD though, I'd hoped "santa" might bring it for me this year :crying:. My flatmate has MSCL on DVD, though no idea where she accquired that.

One Tree Hill is probably more similar to Dawson's Creek than The O.C, but I think they're both shit...although maybe (hopefully) that's just my maturing tastes.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Ha! I loved Dawson's Creek back in the day, despite the ridiculous storylines and terrible haircuts...so I can relate completely. :heart: Pacey.

My So-Called Life is the only vaguely similar show I can think of; I adored it although that was probably largely to do with it being on during my early adolescence. There was a show called Freaks & Geeks that used to be on (I think) Trouble and that I loved, but I think they only made one series of it. I know you can get it on DVD though, I'd hoped "santa" might bring it for me this year :crying:. My flatmate has MSCL on DVD, though no idea where she accquired that.

One Tree Hill is probably more similar to Dawson's Creek than The O.C, but I think they're both shit...although maybe (hopefully) that's just my maturing tastes.

I'm so glad I'm not alone... feel a bit sad at the age of 23 watching a show about 16 year olds, stressing about losing their virginity. Maybe I like it because it's all so innocent, so unlike my own teenage years!

I remember my so called life, vaugely, or am I confusing it with party of five :confused:

yes, I have a pacey thing too. :o
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I remember my so called life, vaugely, or am I confusing it with party of five :confused:

I never liked Party of Five, though yeah I think they were around at the same time. Party of Five had Neve Campbell in it...I think :chin:.

Pacey's a fine specimen of manhood, pity the actor's disappeared off the face of the earth since his 'Creek days.

Don't feel sad, if I could afford the DVDs/knew anyone who had them, I'd be watching 'em too ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    yes, neve campbell, and Jack from Lost *swoon*
    I'm lucky, my sister has all the series and has lent me them all.
    I lead a sad life.
  • Options
    im afraid no other show is going to ever compare to the creek, i bloody love it, must have watched em all at least 6 times by now, possibly my favourite show ever.

Joshua Jackson has done some acting since the creek, tehre was the skulls that was actually pretty good, lonestar state of mind was actually pretty good too. im sure he's dont other bits and bats.

anyway, dont find a replacement for dawsons, just watch em again
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Joshua Jackson has done some acting since the creek, tehre was the skulls that was actually pretty good, lonestar state of mind was actually pretty good too. im sure he's dont other bits and bats.

Hmm, did not know this. I just remembered that he was in Urban Legend, but that was waaay back wasn't it?

Jen was always my favourite anyway, I've seen quite a lot of films Michelle Williams has been in since and that confirms why..she's fab.

I also had the misfortune of seeing Varsity Blues a few weeks ago, I didn't think Dawson could get any more unlikeable and annoying. :(
  • Options
    WHAT? varsity blues was ace. i have that on dvd! hehe i like that one.

check out Rules of Attraction for a different view on van der beek. very very different, and a class film to boot.
  • Options
    One Tree Hill and the OC are both spectacularly good shows on tv today!
    Also Part of Five it think is most like Dawsons Creek as it was made at the same time. Neve Cambell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lacey Chabert and so many more came from that show. Wish it was on dvd now!
  • Options
    Dawsons Creek, ha yes love it :heart: I was well annoyed when i bought the box sets though, because they have a shit theme tune from series 2 onwards, not the good old i dont wanna wait :p Still totally the best teen kind of series thing i've ever watched, I was a bit annoyed at how they ended it all though, with Jen dying and the whole Dawson/Joey/Pacey outcome, but obviously i realise these things can't go on forever :p
  • Options
    Over the last year they have been showing something on Living called "life as we know it" about some high school kids, it had Kelly Osborne in it adn was really rather good, although I gather it was cancelled after one series in the US

life as we know it - imdb link
  • Options
    Dawsons creek had a spin off series, now i think about it. But it sucked donkey balls and got cancelled.
  • Options
    I love Dawson's Creek :love:
    The next best thing for me is the OC....

Ilora x
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Dawsons creek had a spin off series, now i think about it. But it sucked donkey balls and got cancelled.

no it didnt did it??? if so whats it called? i really think you've made this up tho