Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you all decide who to spend new years with? I have been given two invites, one by friends and one by my girlfriend, and i cant decide which one to accept. My friends could have came to my gfs thing but wont so it means I have to choose. Do any of you have any advice on choosing? Any replies are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    it depends on your relationship with your girlfriend, if its a long term serious thing, (im not sure what age you are) then id go with the girlfriend. or could u maybe split your night between both? see your friends for a while then go to your girlfriends for the bells?
  • Options
    Please yourself not other people, you'll only be miserable otherwise.
  • Options
    For the past 2 years I've spent it with my boyfriend, however next year I'm planning on going to NY with my best friend. We had this planned for years before I met my b/f so he'll have to go without one year. It is tradition to have a midnight kiss, and if you're in a relationship you don't want it to be with anyone else!
  • Options
    I don't know, i was going to cunningly combine the two (can i call her my girlfriend?...i don't know..another story) but yeah...now it's not looking that way, so erm, if you can't somehow go with your girlfriend to a party that your friends will be at...then i guess all i can say is do what you think is best. Either way someone is going to be unhappy..
  • Options
    I don't know, i was going to cunningly combine the two (can i call her my girlfriend?...i don't know..another story) but yeah...now it's not looking that way, so erm, if you can't somehow go with your girlfriend to a party that your friends will be at...then i guess all i can say is do what you think is best. Either way someone is going to be unhappy..

Why would somebody be unhappy?
  • Options
    if it was me i'd goto to my girlfriends one. as your mates should understand the whole midnight thing with someone you like/love. unless the reason is that your mates don't like her. but even then i'd got to her one as they should be happy for you even if they dont like the person.

not got that problem this year, i'm free and single again and going to a friends party maybe she can find me a nice lady to kiss lol
  • Options
    That's so harsh, your mates shouldn't be making you choose! There are two ways of lookin at it - The unwritten rule of "your mates should always come before your girl/boyfriend," or, "spending new years eve with someone you are seeing or in love with or whatever." Personally I think maybe the girlfriend thing would be better, because then you can have your midnight kiss! :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Why would somebody be unhappy?
    because if you can't go out with both, either the girlfriend or the friends are going to be disappointed...
  • Options
    even if i'd still been with my boyfriend i would've spent it with my mates.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help. I ended up going to my girlfriends thing, was alot more enjoyable I reckon. I think I also realised that I may be falling in love with her, after 2 months of dating her, so in all it was a good decision. Oh I am 17, nearly 18 btw, but I dont think that makes much of a difference in the choice. I think my mates will accept it ok, will just maybe need to take a bit of stick for a while but it was worth it.