Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The 40yr old virgin.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just been to see it, quite funny. Defo good if you wanna pass a few hours :thumb: However, don't take your mum like someone in our row did. She was about 60 too :/
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It looks crap imo... Taking the piss outta virgins?
  • Options
    I see it and thought it was great but I have to admit with MoonRat that it does take the piss out of virgins. My friend (who happens to be a virgin) hated the film because it made him feel like he has no place in society without having sex.
  • Options
    That sort of thing irritates me. Probably won't go see it, there's not a lot of point wasting my time to just end up aggravated.
  • Options
    It looks shit, and it sounds like yet another American film which is obsessed by sex and vilifying those who don't have it. The IMDB review sounds like its more US "virgin = freak" crappery.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It looks shit, and it sounds like yet another American film which is obsessed by sex and vilifying those who don't have it. The IMDB review sounds like its more US "virgin = freak" crappery.
    Yeah thats what I thought because they're slating virgins but then my pals were seeing it so I thought why not. It turns out alright tho and he falls in love and stuff.
  • Options
    I have no desire to see this film whatsoever

*tuppence worth*
  • Options
    Looks crap to me. As do most films now.
  • Options
    i dont think it looks that bad, but give me revenge of the nerds any day, vilifying virgins is my kind of thing!!!

i am actually joking.

but it doesnt look that bad.
  • Options
    I think it looks good. Might go see it sometime.
  • Options
    I've seen it and like all of my friends, I thought it was great. Sure it has some cliches and such, but it's still got some very funny moments. Steve Caroll and his work-mates in the film are hiliarious!
  • Options
    Would probably make me feel bad seeing it. :grump:
  • Options
    Havent seen it,

but the kevin and perry was a class film even though i was a virgin when saw it ( i was about 12) and i was not offended or effected by the way they percived virgins.
  • Options
    You were still a virgin at 12! Hahahaha!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No way am I seeing this. I took one look at the poster and decided I never would. The look on his eyes makes him seem like some kind of little kid. :mad:
  • Options
    I went to see it last week. Aw, I thought it was funny.
    He had me in stitches when he was sitting in the clinic with his girlfriends daughter who wanted to find out more about sex; and what other things you could do instead of intercourse. He just nods along, suggesting to the girl, 'yup-yup, you can do that. That's sounds ok.' hehe

Lighten up guys, it's only a film. Jeez!
  • Options
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    I see it and thought it was great but I have to admit with MoonRat that it does take the piss out of virgins. My friend (who happens to be a virgin) hated the film because it made him feel like he has no place in society without having sex.

i disagree. The piss taking was more on societies attitude to sex more than the virgin itself.

(apologies for bringing up an old thread btw, ive only just seen it - thought it was quite funny)
  • Options
    This I liked.

Yes, it promotes the wrong idea about virginity but it's a no-brainer, tongue-in-cheek comedy. For what it is, it's exceptionally good. Had me laughing throughout in the cinema which is very rare!
  • Options
    I like the guy in it. Funny man. But I can only assume what a snore it wil be. Not worth even contemplating seeing it imo.
  • Options
    This was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Its a classic. I've never seen so many one liners in a movie in my life.
  • Options
    yeh, it was much better than i expected it to be. Made me laugh a lot
  • Options
    I've seen it, and it was "OK" but definately not worth buying or anything like that...

I've seen memoirs of a geisha though and that film is fantastic! :thumb:
  • Options
    i got 40 year old virgin on dvd for xmas of someone

havnt watched it yet, though ive too many downloaded tv eps to get through yet
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriend rented it on monday night, I thought it was good.
  • Options
    I like the movie. They showed all the funny parts on the previews, but it was still a good movie.
  • Options
    id only ever seen a couple of trailers for it, very short ones at thatm, and didnt pay too much attention to them, so when i get around to watching it, i should be ok i gues
  • Options
    Ive just borrowed the dvd off my dad, and im going to watch it later, so ill post my opinion of it tommorow!