Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shhhh... it wasn't the US this time.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just how many threads would there have been if this had been the US Govt who had done this?

20 people murdered by the police...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but if the self proclaimed leader of the free world behaved in such a third world manner ...we would all have reason to be shit scared and outraged ...
    So it is OK for third world nations to have this sort of thing happen...so long as it is not carried out by a western nations citizens?

Hmmm, seems arrogant to make out that the west is made p of such ethically and morally superior people. We are, after all, just human! We are all the same!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rolly's point is quite the one we should notice.

It's not "ok" for htem to do it - but htey are NOT the ones invading other countries telling them about liberties and shit. Whilst the US is doing exactally this - it is doing terrible things that it preaces against. Then again - when has anyone in history ever done different?
    subject13 wrote:
    So it is OK for third world nations to have this sort of thing happen...so long as it is not carried out by a western nations citizens?

Hmmm, seems arrogant to make out that the west is made p of such ethically and morally superior people. We are, after all, just human! We are all the same!
    way to miss the point aye!
    ---
    its not okay, but these sort of things happen in poorer countries more often, with all the corruption and what not. The US government doing naughty things causes an uproar because they are suppose to be a civilised democratic society where people have rights.
    but if the self proclaimed leader of the free world behaved in such a third world manner

So it's a third world manner is it? What exactly is that?
    ...we would all have reason to be shit scared and outraged ...

So we don't now?

It doesn't matter whether you proclaim that you are fighting for freedom or not. This behaviour is not acceptable surely?

If anything Rolly, you just make my point for me.
    Just how many threads would there have been if this had been the US Govt who had done this?

20 people murdered by the police...
    Maybe they have done something similar in Iraq... We wouldn't be informed about it.

Apparently using cluster bombs in civilian populated areas isn't murder.
    So it's a third world manner is it? What exactly is that?

So we don't now?

It doesn't matter whether you proclaim that you are fighting for freedom or not. This behaviour is not acceptable surely?

If anything Rolly, you just make my point for me.
    i agree there would be page aftr page if it was the usa.

it wasn't.

it was a prosperous third world country.
    we don't report every hand chopping and beheading that goes on around the world but ...it would indeed take up a lot of pages if the usa were to start chopping hands off etc ...i hope.

most people have already become desensitized to death and injustice in iraq.
    just like northern ireland was in the end ...no one was interested or connected anymore.

if our own leaders do such a thing ...of course there should and mighyt hopefully ...be an outrage.

but ...the outrage mostly consists of venting it on the internet ...
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Maybe they have done something similar in Iraq... We wouldn't be informed about it.

Apparently using cluster bombs in civilian populated areas isn't murder.

No, its self defence! Honest!

And the UK was bloody guilty of that too. :(