Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sale Bargains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies if this has been done elsewhere..

What bargains, clothes-wise, have you found in the sales lately?

I've just got back from town where I bought pale cord jeans from Pilot for £11.50 which fit perfectly - I've been looking for some for ages! Also got a trouser suit from New Look - the trousers were £7 and the jacket £12! Had to compromise a bit on the jacket - they only had size tens left and I probably could have done with an eight, but it doesn't look too bad :)

Non-clothes wise, I bought a Johnson's Holiday Sun gift pack from Boots for £6.66 which I thought was pretty good, included the Body Lotion and Face Tan :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got a lovely brown cord blazer type jacket in DPs, £50 down to £25 and I blagged another fiver off it cos there was a button missing, if you dont ask, you dont get :p
    I buy 90% of my jeans at a store called Express, cuz they are really the only ones that fit me. They are all around $70-$80 but I buy them in the jeans off season (right after winter) and they have all the good pairs for $29.50. I can't wait.
    Nothing yet in the current sales, nothing that I really like.

Though my best bargain has to be a gorgeous River Island belt that should've been £35 but was reduced to £3.50 'cause apparantly it had some sharp bits on it. :D
    Everything i want isnt in the sales, i did however mange to get a t-shirt from jack jones for a fiver.
    i have that problem, film buff, all the stuff thats in at the mo, isnt as cheap as the autumn stuff in the sale!!
    i did get about £40 worth of jewerellry from USC for £15 tho!!!
    All the stuff in the shops before Christmas was crap, so there is nothing but crap in the sales now, in my opinion. I've been out twice to two different shopping places, and bought a pair of earings, a necklace and a pair of slippers. So nothing bargainous really.
    i have no £ to buy anything untill i get paid so all i have baught is a really cool stripey scarf (you know those that are all frayed and look like there about to fall apart)

for £7 reduced from £15
    I haven't seen any good bargains.

I got Magic Numbers' album from HMV, £6.
    Boots had 1/2 off on all gifts sets - thats good
    LoveMusic wrote:
    Boots had 1/2 off on all gifts sets - thats good
    They tend to be overpriced and crap to begin with though :/
    I got timberland boots for £66 :D meant to be £110 and that was in the Timberland shop woow!
    I bought a pair of cute red shes from Jones the bootmaker for £25. I've been looking for a cute pair of red flatties for ages!

I've just got back from town where I bought pale cord jeans from Pilot for £11.50 which fit perfectly -

I though all the pilots had been shut down
    leese wrote:

I've just got back from town where I bought pale cord jeans from Pilot for £11.50 which fit perfectly -

I though all the pilots had been shut down

Oh god no! :crazyeyes I've still got my Pilot at the moment anyway...

Hmm, have found nothing particularly nice in the sales so far, except a green sleeveless top from MK One which cost me £4. Too cheap not to nab :D
    I didnt get them in the sales but I found jeans that properly fit me (per una about £35) and i cant stop wearing them!
    everything i saw in the sales was crappy, so i took myself off to primark and got 9 things at full price for £29 :heart:
    I saw nothing I wanted in my size.
    Sales get worse every year - i normally but tons of stuff really cheaply - all i got this year was 3 tops in new look for £14, a bag for college for £5! and my best bargain of the year - and there are still 362 days left but im not gna find another bargain like this! is my new Converse Trainers (reall too!!!) they were £36 originally and reduced to 20 because of sale and reduced again to 13 because shop closing down!!! :crazyeyes :D
    [Middle-aged woman alert] but I was in John Lewis the other day and bought the most divine silk dress from Precis Petite. Had originally been £150 and was £30, couldn't believe it.

Could even use it when (if) I get married, it's that gorgeous and fits perfectly. I'm in love :heart::D

Other than that, I got nothin'...
    I bought the new Disturbed CD for £1.20 and a jumper reduced from £18 to £5 :thumb:
    I got 2 tops and a pair of knickers for £7.16 in matalan. All half price but didnt find out till got to the till. Bonus. :D
    i went to meadowhall today and bought a gorgeous french connection top from house of fraser that was £15 down from £30. also, there's loads of stuff in Accessorise that's 70% off and it's 1 of my favourite shops! I bought 3 gorgeous bracelets and a pair of tights for under £9. also bought some boots from faith reduced from £50 to £40 and am currently regretting not buying a diesel bag reduced to £30 from £80. having said that, if i wanted it that badly i would've bought it there and then!
    I haven't been proper shopping since last summer, so my wardrobes due a full on top up...

I'm going shopping on Sunday with my mum - hoping to spend about a ton on clothes. (I get paid soon :love: ) Not really bothered about sales shopping because it's usually all the crap that people didn't want to pay full price for before christmas!!!

Ilora x
    So far I've managed to get some gorgeous boots from Dune reduced to £45 from £80, a top from Dorothy Perkins for £10 instead of £18 and a jumper from H&M for £10 down from £20. :D
    Victoria Secret has 30% alot of bras and panties :hyper:
    Cargo Dress Half price in New Look, which ive been after for ages.
    Shrug - £2 - Knocked down primark :D
    New Rucksack - Reduced from £29.99 to £8.99
    Another rucksack from £19.99 to £4.99
    i bought a long black skirt from monsoon today. 70% off, reduced from £45 to £13.
    I dont usually wear long skirts but it is nice
    i really want to go back to accessorise and blow loads of money. :(
    2 long sleeved tops in gap for £13 and phjotoalums/frames/cards/bitsof junk from paperchase :heart:
    Jeans from Monsoon - £45.00 to £13.50
    Bluey Cardi shrug from Monsoon - £55.00 to £16.50
    Winey Cardi shrug from Monsoon - £50.00 to £15.00
    Fur cape thingy from Monsoon - £70.00 to £19.50

I also got some bitching boots from New Look, nice leather ones for £20.00!
    And I got some Grecian bronzey stilettos from New Look for £5.00! :D
    I couldnt find anything in the sales, ended up buying a pair of shoes that were full price :eek: