Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shopping at the moment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So it was my birthday last month and christmas this month (in case u hadnt noticed) therefore i have put aside some of my money to spend on much needed clothes shopping!

Ive been on 2 shopping trips and found virtually nothing!!

I want a warm coat, some knee high boots, jeans, skirt and jumpers.

All i could find was a few nice strappy tops :|

Is anyone else having trouble finding nice stuff at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    Nah, I got a pair of gorgeous black court snakeskin shoes from Accessorize and two pairs of jeans from New Look. I also saw a Jem tshirt out of Urban Outfitters which the bloke will be getting us after I finito work today! Canny wait! :D

Gap have lovely jeans for £14.99. So do TK Maxx.
  • Options
    I think maybe my problem is my shape.

Jeans shopping is a nightmare because i have long legs and wide hips, yet the bigger hip size drowns my bum.

Shopping for jumpers is difficult because i have really long arms and a long abdomen, and i want my jumpers to meet my trousers!

As for skirts same problem as jeans really....i need a size 12 to compensate for my hips but then its too baggy around my bum. Plus i can only find long skirts around and i want knee legnth

As for boots, i have big feet and boot makers assume that a big foot=a fat leg. My legs are thin!

Must be my own fault for having this shape!!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    I think maybe my problem is my shape.

Jeans shopping is a nightmare because i have long legs and wide hips, yet the bigger hip size drowns my bum.

As for skirts same problem as jeans really....i need a size 12 to compensate for my hips but then its too baggy around my bum. Plus i can only find long skirts around and i want knee legnth

Must be my own fault for having this shape!!

Me too, New Look's stretchy Hula jeans are a dream. And! Only £15.00 :D I got two pairs yesterday, pondering getting a 3rd! They do 28-36 leg, also. :D
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Me too, New Look's stretchy Hula jeans are a dream. And! Only £15.00 :D I got two pairs yesterday, pondering getting a 3rd! They do 28-36 leg, also. :D

think i tried them on actually a few weeks ago, are they the ones with the funky printed green writing on the inside at the back?

I have a problem with stretchy jeans actually, they seem to fall down all the time even if they fit properly. Its because the widest point if my hips is above where i wear my trousers.

bit of a freaky shape :thumb:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    think i tried them on actually a few weeks ago, are they the ones with the funky printed green writing on the inside at the back?

No, they all have red labels. :p The ones with the green labels aren't as stretchy as the other ones. Try the red labelled ones again, I have a right weird shape too, I have like, big hips, and a slim middle. Most jeans I try on gape at the back, or at the crotch, but fit everywhere else. Or I can't get them over my thighs. Gah.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    No, they all have red labels. :p The ones with the green labels aren't as stretchy as the other ones. Try the red labelled ones again, I have a right weird shape too, I have like, big hips, and a slim middle. Most jeans I try on gape at the back, or at the crotch, but fit everywhere else. Or I can't get them over my thighs. Gah.

i have the gapping at the crotch problem aswell!! Also reveal my crack to the world when i bend down due to my jeans always falling down, which is not attractive.

I'll try new look ones when im next in the city, cheers :thumb:
  • Options
    i've been shopping and not found anything nice, I have a problem finding nice casual clothes I've bought loads of going out stuff just nothing for casual or work(I do the jeans and trainers look at work :) )

The Hula jeans at New Look are fab, must be made for awkard shapes as I have long legs, big hips but a flat bum!
  • Options
    i had a quick look round town today and saw loads of things i LOVED. and all in the sale too which makes a change - usually i find nothing in the sales.
  • Options
    I have the same problem with the bum:hip:leg ratio. Ultra low rise in gap are quite good. So are the jeans in river island for some reason.
  • Options
    i've been shopping and not found anything nice, I have a problem finding nice casual clothes I've bought loads of going out stuff just nothing for casual or work(I do the jeans and trainers look at work :) )

The Hula jeans at New Look are fab, must be made for awkard shapes as I have long legs, big hips but a flat bum!

im like that, most my goin out stuff is too dressy for clubbing, so i need to find some casual but smart stuff, but can i get what i want? of course not!
  • Options
    I'm just the same.

I'm really missing ASOS. ;(
  • Options
    i'm being so indecisive at the moment! i'll see really nice things but then think no doesn't look right on me. then i'll buy something and get home and change my mind. sorry not really related just wanted a grumble at my not being able to find something to wear for new year. nothing seems to look right. :no: :grump:
  • Options
    I'm really missing ASOS. ;(

Me too :( Roll on mid-January when they should be up and working again!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    They have stupid sizes too! I picked up a size 8 in those jeans because I thought they were fabby - they could have passed for a 12 - they're huoooge!

oddly, new look jeans are always on the small side for me. the 8s fit me perfectly, and the 10s fit in a kind of cool baggy way, whereas in most other shops the 6s are hanging off.

i can find lots of things i like, lately, until i try them on. then i look either like a 10-year old boy in a bad school panto, or a crazy old lady with a strangely young (but no less knackered) face. tis most annoying. i have taken to buying a lot of bags and shoes...