Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

He's Too Much!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you tell a person that you basically don't want anything to do with them? I'm sick of him asking if I want to make out or hinting that we should go on a date. I hate it when he tries to invite himself on my shopping trips. He knows that I like someone else and bugs me to tell him who it is (it's a friend of his so I don't know if it would do more harm if I tell him). My friend even independently commented on how stalkerish it is that he comments on every single entry in my xanga (I avoid his xanga now in an attempt to stop his comments). Would it be better to block him and avoid him, talk to him, or get a mutual friend to talk to him?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would just ignore him. Don't know if that would really help though. Maybe also try talking to him seriously, or maybe his parents?
    I've never actually met his parents except for the one time his mom drove us home.
    Dont think theres any need to involve the parentals just yet. Just get him to the side, and tell him that you are not, and never will be, interested in him. Romantically or otherwise, so he can grow up n get on with his life.

Does his mate know you like him? Slightly fly but if you started going out with this mate of his you like he'd be bound to get the hint.
    Yeah I agree that's the thing to do. Just tell him firmly that you will never feel the way about him that he feels about you and that you do not think a friendship will work either. Faced with a clear message like that from you he'll have little choice but to leave you alone, if that is what you want.
    Dont think theres any need to involve the parentals just yet. Just get him to the side, and tell him that you are not, and never will be, interested in him. Romantically or otherwise, so he can grow up n get on with his life.

Does his mate know you like him? Slightly fly but if you started going out with this mate of his you like he'd be bound to get the hint.

Not sure on that one. I was under the impression he liked me, but then he told one of his friend's he didn't like me in that way.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to ask a possibly stupid question, but have you actually told him you're not interested? Some people are stupid like me and can rarely understand hints.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Sorry to ask a possibly stupid question, but have you actually told him you're not interested? Some people are stupid like me and can rarely understand hints.
    Haha, aww i loved the upfrontness of that comment. I agree, in that you do need to tell him; but i'd be more cautious about getting with (or trying to get with) his friend. This is simply because this would no doubt cause problems with him and his friends, and this guy will probably end up resenting you for it. Especially after you'd made it clear you didn't like him.
    He knows that I don't like him, we had a conversation about me not liking him about a month ago. He also knows that I like someone else since he overheard a conversation in a hallway about me thinking about possibly asking someone out. I didn't tell him the name because they're friends but I did tell him that it wasn't him.
    If you can't just be friends - and in my experience in situations like this you rarely can; then tell him upfront that you don't like his behaviour and to leave you alone.