Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New look shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it just me, or have their sizes altered??? i always used to a be a perfect 4, and a 5 in the boots (cos then i could wear them with big fluffy socks in winter)! But recently, the 4's are huge, and ive been having to buy 3's, which are snug!! They're ok, except when my feet get hot+so can make my litte toes feel uncomfy!
The party feet things do nothing! does anyone have any ideas??? anyway to make small shoes slightly bigger, or to make larger shoes fit me better??
Would an insole work in a pointed stilleto stlye shoe???
Thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you might just be better not buying your shoes there.

I buy there, and I seem to fit into a 6 when I used to be a 7... I'm not complaining, like!
    i know, but they're so cheap, last me forever, are really comfy+ive found a gorgeous pair i want to wear with a new dress!!!
    Gutted! Ahh I hate it when that happens. Then, you could wear the bigger pair.. that way they won't rub like small ones will. Or, do they look ridiculously massive?!
    there's about 3/4 of an inch between the back of the shoe+my heel. they just fall off. even with a heel grip+party feet they're too big!!!
    I've tried a few pairs of shoes on size 6 and one shoe has fit and the other one has been a bit too small which was annoying.
    :mad: ggrrr
    Get the smaller pair then take them somewhere to be stretched a bit.
    what are they made from?

If they were leather i'd be tempted to say warm them up on a radiator, put a few pairs of socks on and walk around in them to get them stretched
    good idea blah!!
    entertainingangels - do u mean like a coblers or something, where they can actually be stretched, or just to do as blah said+wear them lots round the house to soften them up??
    Either way really... depends if you want to pay cash to stretch them, or as blah said - stretch them urself. But yeah, it'll depend on what they're made of too.
    I think you might be right about the sizes changing. They had some gorgeous stilletos a while back - just like the ones my best mate bought from Faith, but £30 cheaper! - and a size six was too big and a size five too small on me. Size sixes usually fit me perfectly. I think I have about eight pairs of shoes from New Look and I'm not even really a shoe person!
    gladi aint the only one!! the only size 3 i have from there has actually become quite comfy with wear, i just want to buy these other ones now!!! but they aren't in a size 3 in any stores around me!!!!
    they're gorgeous, and is wear them so so often!! Black, with a smallish heel and a little bit of metal on the top, made to look like a piercing bar - hence the name of these shoes; pierce!