Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Custom title.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:
    Maybe it doesn't. But it doesn't excuse the actions of an older person discriminating against a younger one either.

this is getting ridiculous. next you'll start accusing people of bullying.
  • Options
    touche, though circular arguments dont solve anything, im not saying what i or other board users have done is right, and i apologise for that, but i dont see how your line of argument disproves that i was correct in my origional assumption
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote:
    this is getting ridiculous. next you'll start accusing people of bullying.
    In this instance? No. But I've seen plenty of it on this site.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i know that does happen around here, but ever thought that if you are annoying people (this is in general and not directed at you), the problem might be that you are an annoying person, rather than just having terribly mean people on message boards

I do agree. In alot of cirmstances they are caused by annoyance. But there also many times when its not. When somebody who has been here since the begining of time and for some god unknown reason, people follow like flies on shit. They will say one thing because they disagree or plainly for really no reason dislike them and others will go along.

It seems there must always be at least one person who gets shot down for absoutly everything. Hellfire, Stargalaxy, etc. No matter what they type, how dumb they have been in the past or how legimite their current question is, nobody will care. The same people will say some crap.

I find it quite sad that not only that it happens here, but its so obvious even I notice it. And how many people deny it.
  • Options
    Totally agree my_name.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I do agree. In alot of cirmstances they are caused by annoyance. But there also many times when its not. When somebody who has been here since the begining of time and for some god unknown reason, people follow like flies on shit. They will say one thing because they disagree or plainly for really no reason dislike them and others will go along.

It seems there must always be at least one person who gets shot down for absoutly everything. Hellfire, Stargalaxy, etc. No matter what they type, how dumb they have been in the past or how legimite their current question is, nobody will care. The same people will say some crap.

I find it quite sad that not only that it happens here, but its so obvious even I notice it. And how many people deny it.
    are you talking about me here since i was the one who started all this.. or in general?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Totally agree my_name.
    Me too. That's exactly what I was talking about.
  • Options
    wow this thread is getting confusing..

and to think all he wanted to know was how to get a custom title..
  • Options
    I would say in general, thats what i meant anyway.
  • Options
    But Hellfire and Stargalaxy (the gimps that they are) have never said anything smart and intelligent :shocking: :p
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Me too. That's exactly what I was talking about.

You were yes, i am just feeling to lazy to say that too lol.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    are you talking about me here since i was the one who started all this.. or in general?

I didn't even read most of this thread so I have no idea, it was just in general. I do have a few people inparticular in mind when I think about this, and honestly your not one of them.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You were yes, i am just feeling to lazy to say that too lol.
    And I was too lazy to quote her (long message, I'd have to edit) instead of you. :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    are you talking about me here since i was the one who started all this

Yes, you did start it, but you were not the problem.
  • Options
    it was going all fine and andy in this thread, with purely general sentiment going around in an omnidirectional manner until quarfly posted this randomly
    What should I say? Teens these days? And prejudice against the young is plain pathetic. Thing is, I don't care whether you're five years old or fifty-five. I try to judge by what I see, not what I think.

You don't know anything about me and that thought is mutual. I don't judge you - why do you judge me? With the fact that I'm young? Isn't ballerina 15? Wasn't she 14 or even 13 when she joined? Correct me if I'm wrong. Did you judge her then? Well, you probably did.

Thing is, I notice this every day. Whether it's in the library or in a gaming shop, the prejudice is always there. Everybody judges me because I'm 14. I should have kept my age for myself - wouldn't need to go through all of this shit. All I'm trying to do is be myself. And it's not only age people judge you by - it's your music taste, your clothes and your hair.

I've also noticed that people always draw conclusions on me. All the time to be more exact. Sometimes I wonder whether wearing glasses and holding 'Mein Kampf' gives a more intelligent expression than actually having the best grades in your class. This is not only relative. There are other intelligent people who will probably grow up to be 'somebody'.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that I'm 14. Should never have posted this. And no, I'm not directing this to you lipsy. Yes, I should learn my place in society.

i hardly think its any of our fault that we got a bit riled up, when something so over the top as that was posted, through no specific fault of our own
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    And I was too lazy to quote her (long message, I'd have to edit) instead of you. :)
    :lol:
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Yes, you did start it, but you were not the problem.

no, i think you started it with your post tht i just quoted above
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i hardly think its any of our fault that we got a bit riled up, when something so over the top as that was posted, through no specific fault of our own

I was trying to post a point. I was just frustrated by the way people replied to me afterwards. I was angry, but not at people on the boards. However, I am now because of how people replied to me. It just sickens me how everybody went with the flow and told me to cool down. What is the point of telling me to cool down? I wasn't mad at anyone on the boards. I was angry at people in society who look down on youngsters.

I never pointed any names - actually I specifically said that it was not lipsy's fault at all.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    no, i think you started it with your post tht i just quoted above

no, lipsy's post resulted in my post. If she didn't post the following:
    Kids these days...

I would never have posted my post.

So, she started this. I never said what I posted was morally correct, just that she started it.
  • Options
    All you kids should bugger off and play at your own bit.

Shoo!
  • Options
    no you started it :p
    *runs to the other side of the playground*
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    no you started it :p

If you never said kids these days, I would never have ranted.

There, you started it.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    no, lipsy's post resulted in my post. If she didn't post the following:

I would never have posted my post.

So, she started this. I never said what I posted was morally correct, just that she started it.

no, she didnt start iit, cause you could have things as they are, her post would still have existed, and we wouldnt have all started bitching at you in all likelyness, it wasnt until you posted, that things got out of hand
  • Options
    *chases people with boogers*
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

There, you started it.
    and if you werent so uptight and over the top, maybe you wouldn't have ranted in the first place. and then you wouldn't have caused this big cafuffle.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

There, you started it.
    just to clear things up, i hope you all realise this has an air of jokingness to it, if you are still taking this seriously i think its time to calm down
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    *chases people with boogers*

*runs away screaming*
  • Options
    Nonono.

My natural self responded to her post. If that post wouldn't exist, I would never have reacted.

Ok, my fault for being me.

AND, her fault for being her.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    *runs away screaming*

You run like a girl. haha, now run quicker or i'll chase you with kisses. I'll chase lipsy too, cuz shes on the same playground. Can't leave her out.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    AND, her fault for being her.
    oh yes the lipsy that is me :heart: