Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Topless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If men can walk around in public topless, why can't women?
I've seen men with bigger tits than I, why aren't they forced to cover up?
Now thats indecent exposure.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    If men can walk around in public topless, why can't women?
    I've seen men with bigger tits than I, why aren't they forced to cover up?
    Now thats indecent exposure.

theres not that many women who could make you sick if they walked around topless, men in the other hand, ewwwww

i know exactly what you mean
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I used to wonder the same thing (honestly). I still do, but now sexuality stuff has kicked in and I feel dishonest -but that's another story.

Anyway, take a look at this: http://www.network54.com/Forum/157869
    You may want to take part, if you google "topfreedom" you'll see your not alone. BTW, you can find me as "Markos" on that forum, though I rarely post now.
    MrG wrote:
    theres not that many women who could make you sick if they walked around topless, men in the other hand, ewwwww

i know exactly what you mean

Well I am going to have to disagree with that one. I was in France at a topless beach. I'm surprised I'm not blind. It was only the old saggy or fat women who dared to bare. *still has the mental scar of the 60 yr old woman in only her thong*
    yeh but generally that happens

my mental image was in somewhere like california
    my_name wrote:
    Well I am going to have to disagree with that one. I was in France at a topless beach. I'm surprised I'm not blind. It was only the old saggy or fat women who dared to bare. *still has the mental scar of the 60 yr old woman in only her thong*
    They have as much right to do that as you do though. Unless you'd like to make it illegal for all old people, regardless of sex, to go topless.
    I say either everybody has to wear a top, or nobody.

Actually, thinking about it, I should ask the question, why are men allowed to go topless? Why isn't there a law that says everybody must be covered.
    Zalbor wrote:
    They have as much right to do that as you do though. Unless you'd like to make it illegal for all old people, regardless of sex, to go topless.

I think thats a grand idea ;)

I used to have the dream I would be president and not allow any women or uglies in the armed forces :p
    my_name wrote:

Actually, thinking about it, I should ask the question, why are men allowed to go topless? Why isn't there a law that says everybody must be covered.
    It used to be like that (at least in your country) some years ago. And it was also illegal for women to show their legs, as you might know.
    If history repeats itself, it might be getting better. But seeing how the public reacted to Janet a couple of years back and some incredibly sad opinions I've read, it doesn't look like it...
    Because the womans breasts are seen as a sexual thing, I can suck on a nipple, tongue a nipple, tweak a nipple, grope a breast, shove my dick between the breasts and they'll be enjoyable for both sexes. Not the case with men.
    Zalbor wrote:
    It used to be like that (at least in your country) some years ago.

Oh the good ol days ;)

Yes, cover everybody. Boo to man titties.

Well now I've just lost all topic.
    turlough wrote:
    Because the womans breasts are seen as a sexual thing, I can suck on a nipple, tongue a nipple, tweak a nipple, grope a breast, shove my dick between the breasts and they'll be enjoyable for both sexes. Not the case with men.
    You could do that with an old guy with breasts. Not wanting to is a different thing.
    By the same logic, everyone should wear gloves, because everyone is using their hands for sexual things.
    actually a topless man was banned from tesco this year.

click
    I walked away because I didn't want to get involved in a big argument. I spend at least £180 there every week on groceries and shopping but I won't be going again.

you spend HOW MUCH A WEEK?!?!?

and i really think tescos is going to be bothered by a one man boycott, plus i thnk it was entirely reasonable for the way of thinking tescos came up with

add to the fact he didnt want to get into a big argument, is the guy some kind of person who cant manage his anger?
    MrG wrote:
    you spend HOW MUCH A WEEK?!?!?

and i really think tescos is going to be bothered by a one man boycott, plus i thnk it was entirely reasonable for the way of thinking tescos came up with

add to the fact he didnt want to get into a big argument, is the guy some kind of person who cant manage his anger?
    he's from walkden in manchester which is a shitty area. and you only have to take one look at him to know he's a scally.
    Well going into public places, library, stores, malls, resturants, every single one of them has the no shirt, no shoes no service policy. Men or women, so getting banned from going into a place topless is not shocking at all.
    i've wondered this before. but gave up on it. i have to agree that i think its all a sexual thing at the end of the day. as as already been stated i've seen men walking around topless with bigger boobs that most women.

most of the men (and i use the word very loosely) i've seen walking around topless in the portsmouth/southampton area are all Townie or Chavs thinking they look hard, i think its funny as their sooooo RED and burnt. i know a few people who got to nudist beachs and they said 80-90% on them are fat, old or ugly.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    All to do with self mimicry innit, with female breasts being a sexual display. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    Just my opinion here, (and it's not like i personally would take advantage of such a law change) but i think it's ridiculous that we live in a country where we HAVE to wear clothes. Like i say, i still would, but i fully support that naked rambler guy.
    hate to shatter the image, but trust me.... there are more unattractive people than not at the nude beaches here. which are few and far between anyways.

I was so dissapointed when I watched "The Real OC" on The OC DVD (yes, I like the OC, I'm sad. Or at least I did til the main writer stopped doing it and it went crap). They spent ages building up this image of a paradise full of beautiful people, and all it took to shatter it was a 5 minute interview with some of the actual residents, who all looked like they'd been hit in the face with a spade. I was planning to retire there, but now I'm gonna have to find another paradise of hot girls. :crying:
    There's a yin and yang to everything. Sure, you may see the occasional beefy man-breast; on the other hand, you will probably see a good pair of muffins.
    my_name wrote:

I agree, I don't think it's appropriate for women to go topless, but I also think men should cover up. I really don't want to have men's naked chests, man boobs and oversized bellys everyewhere I turn come warmer weather.

I say everyone should cover up, they do it in 99% of restaurants, bars, shopping centres etc. There's also places in Italy where it's against the law to be topless (male and female), no matter where you are, except for the beach. Sounds like a good law to me.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I agree. I hate it in the summer when you see lots of fat men topless all sweaty and minging :yuck:

So?

Most poeple do not look nice naked, but there really shouldn't be laws requiring you to cover up.
    Weekender Offender 
    Lol. Saw a good cartoon by David Firth the other day about people who want to ban everything. Violent computer games, violent films, binge drinking, smoking in public places. I don't understand why all of a sudden everyone is so offended by everything, especially the human form in this case - and the people who are saying "I don't want to have to see that" seem to be the same ones who pop up to defend shitty threads saying "If you don't like it don't look at it!". Lol.
    hey if women want to go round topless then thats fine with me. I wouldn't advise doing it now though, in this country. Its in the minuses outside, snow and ice on the ground thats been there for days. You might freeze something off!
    That may be the case but I'm sure alot of mothers would have problems with women going around topless all the time.

Lmao. Whats one of the first things most babies see when they get hungry?