Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

True or Not - Caffeine Makes Cramps Worse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it true that caffeine makes menstrual cramps worse? I usually have really bad cramps during my period and if cutting caffeine might help, I'm willing to try it.

Comments

• Options
    No idea, but I couldn't give up my coffee either way. I hear evening primrose oil is good for some symptoms, have you tried that?
  • Options
    Primrose oil? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Thanks.
  • Options
    You can get evening primrose oil in capsules is most health food stores, chemists and supermarkets.
  • Options
    i could imagine theres a chance it might make them worse in some people, yet better in others
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    No idea, but I couldn't give up my coffee either way. I hear evening primrose oil is good for some symptoms, have you tried that?

Try decaffinated coffee instead then. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference at all. (I've only been drinking coffee since Sptember but have been having decaf for the last 1/2 months)
  • Options
    I find that decaf coffee doesn't take as nice, if you want to cut down on caffeine try the half caff one.