Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats your fav 'Designer' Label???

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bench, FCUK, Jasper Conran (for shirts), Dior, and Ted Baker

I know they are high street and not designer, but NEXT jeans are the only ones I can find that consistently fit me and are comfortable (apart from my Levi's)
    Puh, give me Primark anytime.
    1983 wrote:
    Puh, give me Primark anytime.
    i would like primark except that none of their clothes fit me and they only ever have sizes 14+ left. so its bloody annoying when u see a half decent top for £4 but theyre too darn big.
    the bras are even worse.

i like the knickers tho even tho they seriously fucked up the sizing there as well and i have to buy size 12-14 even tho im normally 8-10.
    lipsy wrote:
    i would like primark except that none of their clothes fit me and they only ever have sizes 14+ left.

Hah, I love my curves. :D When I was 17/18 I was about a size 8-10 and I used to bitch like a mofo too, times haven't changed and I'm well chuffed for gaining that lil extra weight cause it's the mutt's nuts.

:D
    1983 wrote:
    Hah, I love my curves. :D When I was 17/18 I was about a size 8-10 and I used to bitch like a mofo too, times haven't changed and I'm well chuffed for gaining that lil extra weight cause it's the mutt's nuts.

:D
    im quite petite. i don't think i could be a size 14 even if i wanted to.
    If it's cheap and it looks good, I buy it. I begrudge spending £80 on a pair of jeans when I can get some for half the price from Topshop that are much nicer.

I mainly shop at Primark, Topshop, River Island, and Dorothy Perkins.
    i dont really mind what labels i wear but i hve faveourites - dior n louis vuitton bags, d&g, and morgan 4 the girly effect.
    anything frm here : http://www.attitude.uk.com/
    Jean Paul Gauliter,yohji Yamamoto
    :thumb: :thumb: Jean Paul Gauliter,yohji Yamamoto
    Thomas Pink, Gieves & Hawkes, John Phillips, Foley & Foley, Charles Tyrwitt, Church's.

All good.
    I go to www.bbclothing.co.uk - they are actually cheaper than your shop and have dozens of brands for both men and woman.
    Whats the new brand by the Replay company. They have nice jeans, cant think whats its called
    Probably armani and cp company are the only labels I can say i particularly like these days. The problem is, football hooligan culture has a strong basis in fashion, so a lot of previously respectable labels (such as aquascutum) have become tarnished by association with little pricks wanting to achieve the "hoolie" look.

Look at SI...aesthetically, much of the range is quality...but culturally, it's tarnished by the Football Factory wannabes who are literally EVERYWHERE.
    i buy things that actually look good, not just because they look good simple because of a small label on them
    MrG wrote:
    i buy things that actually look good, not just because they look good simple because of a small label on them

Call it bullshit, but in stores of mixed labels, brands, and priceranges I've found that I am always drawn to the expensive designer gear - before checking label and price.
    That said, I do own Primark, and would be a fool to reject garnments based on price.
    Hence going sale shopping with my mom in a bit :D
    It is not only the label that makes the gear good, quality is also included. I have a Polo Ralph Lauren jumper and it looks just as good as my other clothes. The difference is the label and the quality. That jumper will survive longer than my other "cheap" clothes.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Probably armani and cp company are the only labels I can say i particularly like these days. The problem is, football hooligan culture has a strong basis in fashion, so a lot of previously respectable labels (such as aquascutum) have become tarnished by association with little pricks wanting to achieve the "hoolie" look.

Look at SI...aesthetically, much of the range is quality...but culturally, it's tarnished by the Football Factory wannabes who are literally EVERYWHERE.

Too true but its not just the wannabes unfortunately. I can never understand why people where burb and aqua to football these days as the police are all over you as soon as they see the 'house check'.

I wouldn't say I have a favourite label but I do quite like Gas stuff these days. For an old school casual having a label that shares the same name as your football clubs alias is a bonus. :thumb:
    BlackArab wrote:
    Too true but its not just the wannabes unfortunately. I can never understand why people where burb and aqua to football these days as the police are all over you as soon as they see the 'house check'.

I wouldn't say I have a favourite label but I do quite like Gas stuff these days. For an old school casual having a label that shares the same name as your football clubs alias is a bonus. :thumb:

Whenever i go to Rangers, SI and aqua are more common than actual football tops. You'd think we'd have a massive mob judging on the amount of aquascrotums kicking about at the ground.

Aqua and burberry is an especially worryingly common combination :eek: .
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Call it bullshit, but in stores of mixed labels, brands, and priceranges I've found that I am always drawn to the expensive designer gear - before checking label and price.
    That said, I do own Primark, and would be a fool to reject garnments based on price.
    Hence going sale shopping with my mom in a bit :D

No, that's bang on. Totally true. Expensive clothes aren't purely bought for the label - the label only becomes popular if the design is a cut above much of the rest and people are willing to pay accordingly.

Stuff out of Primark just doesn't compare, not that I consider myself a fashionista. Some cunt i had the misfortune of speaking to at a bus stop last month asked me if i was on the dole because i "just looked it, like". Silly prick.

:sour:
    Spliffie wrote:
    Whenever i go to Rangers, SI and aqua are more common than actual football tops. You'd think we'd have a massive mob judging on the amount of aquascrotums kicking about at the ground.

Aqua and burberry is an especially worryingly common combination :eek: .

Worse I've seen was a burb shirt and trouser combo worn by a young lad on a bus one night, poor sod will never know how much laughter there was once he got off. :lol:
    I go to www.bbclothing.co.uk - they are actually cheaper than your shop and have dozens of brands for both men and woman.

They are cheaper because the stock they have is all past season even past, past, past season!

They are run by a wholesaler, they put the stuff they can't sell at wholesale on the site.

I know this because I have an account with the wholesaler

Some very good labels appearing on here! some I haven't even heard of! :chin:

I know what some of you mean by the sizing of some things tho! can be a real pain trying to find something that fits! if it's a designer label most of them are smaller than normal as it gives the people who have loads of dosh the feeling they are smaller than they really are! :lol:

Dave
    Dickies... Clutch (NZ Street Wear Brand)... Diesel... Lee...
    Well, the husband and I are fans of Versace, Dolce and Gabanna and some Gucci. :)
    Probably bench or carhartt.

I also love all of topmans own brand.