Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Resigning without a new job to go to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever resigned from their full-time job without another one to go to?

I really want to leave my job now - I won't bother going into it all - and I'm considering resigning soon. I'm going to phone a lot of local recruitment agencies later today, but I understand a lot of them have immediate vacancies whereas I still have to work a month's notice.

Maybe if I sound out what kinda thing is available, then hand my notice in and hope I find something within that month. Obviously I don't want to be out of work and I haven't got any savings to fall back on, but my parents have said they'll support me as long as I'm only out of work for 2-3 weeks max once I've worked my notice.

What do you think? :yeees:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have. It depends on whether you have enough marketable skills to walk into another job.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote:
    It depends on whether you have enough marketable skills to walk into another job.

No it doesn't. You'll be able to get a shitty job in a wherehouse piece of piss through an agency.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    No it doesn't. You'll be able to get a shitty job in a wherehouse piece of piss through an agency.

Ok then. Walking in to another decent job straight away depends on your marketable skills...

Sigh.
    I've just sent my CV to six of the local recruitment agencies, having phoned them first. They all seem to prefer it if you're available sooner than a month's time or more. I've included something in the email about leaving with nowhere to go, asking for their opinions, so I'll see what they say.

Just for the record, it's admin / clerical jobs I'm looking for and I have all the usual skills, experience and qualifications that most job adverts ask for.
    I would say it mostly depends on your financial situation. No matter how qualified, I wouldn't quit a job without another one unless I could support myself fully and with the same luxuries I had for at least one month.