Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how would one go about finding somebody

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so you basically want to stalk this person?

you know all that about her and you didnt get a phone number?
    In all honesty, if this girl wanted you to get to know her or whatever, instead of you sitting here trying to track her down, you'd be calling/texting her.

I don't think you have much hope in finding her now, unless you hang around the same bar or whatever that you met in on that first occasion. Then just hope that she walks in.
    Nah I didn't get her phone number 'cos she had a boyfriend and I would have felt strange asking for her number (as most people assume you're after one thing, which I wasn't). I gave her my email address to send some pictures that she took though.

Well then she has your email address. If she wants to contact you she will.

Stalking = bad.
    Clearly all you have to do is go to the university, find out her timetable and stalk her. This would of course be of dubious legality and, quite frankly, wrong. So how's about instead you chat to her online again and ask her for her details?
    I posted this on another forum, but maybe in hindsight it wasn't the best idea! Anyway, any ideas of how I could find someone I was chatting to the other night, I know her name, what she looks like, what uni and course she does, and she's damn cool! She's a student in Manchester, is anyone into the funky house kinda scene there that has any ideas?
    oooh was it me? lol
    Mist wrote:
    Clearly all you have to do is go to the university, find out her timetable and stalk her. This would of course be of dubious legality and, quite frankly, wrong. So how's about instead you chat to her online again and ask her for her details?

well thats what the assassins society do at durham uni, though at least the people who get stalked are expecting it
    I've never had an internet stalker or a real life stalker. Should I feel bad about this? Am I missing out? Am I that scary? Am I unstalkable? :crying:
    you are not unstalkable, afterall i know where pirate lives, and i guessed it down to a 2 min walk, just from seeing a photo of the front of a solicitors near his
    lipsy wrote:
    oooh was it me? lol

Yeah maybe lol
    If she is a student at Manchester (the Uni, not the Poly/Met or the one up in Salford) then just walk down Wilmslow Road until you get to Fallowfield. Stand at the big crossroads by Owens Park and the Queen of Hearts and I 100% (ok 90%) guarantee she will go past within a few hours.

I posted this on another forum, but maybe in hindsight it wasn't the best idea! Anyway, any ideas of how I could find someone I was chatting to the other night, I know her name, what she looks like, what uni and course she does, and she's damn cool! She's a student in Manchester, is anyone into the funky house kinda scene there that has any ideas?